Movie theater handicapped seating?

joeranger

Sr Member
My son blew out his ACL in football and is in a full leg brace and crutches.for the next few months after surgery. He needs a reclining seat in the movie theater. AMC has reserve seats for HC but they are staggered with open spots for wheelchairs and companion seats.

Is it wrong to take up 5 seats for my family? He is legitimately HC'ed but the rest of the family would take up more that "our share of companion seats" if there is a sudden rush of wheelchair people. My opinion is no. I rarely ever see wheelchair people at late night movies.

hc.jpg

I would take one for your son and a companion seat. The rest of the bunch can sit behind those two. If the grey out seats are already spoken for. Just run the front row 5 across. Yet first row can blow at some theaters. But you can have extra leg room and not look like a D bag if other handicap ppl need a seat. Can double stack the front corner of you want also.

hope the kid gets better soon with no future issues.

I agree with Monkey67, have your son and one companion sit in the spot. Then have the rest of your party sit behind. I know it can be frustrating to split up your party, but it will save you from looking like a tool should someone need spots.

There was a post like this for families using HC people to cut in line. For Star Wars Friday night. Most seats are sold except HC and very front row.

I think I will call the theater and ask. I am guessing the nine restricted seats will be open for the show unless people switch that night.

We had an incident at the movies where my wife and i reserved two seats in the front, NEXT to the HC spots. Well some lady who was not in a wheel chair bought two handicap spots and when she walked in and saw that there were no actual seats there she tried to act like we were in her spot. she got so mad that we wouldn't get up. I kept trying to calmly tell her to look at the numbers on our seats and then the number on her tickets, and then the numbers on the floor where she was standing. She finally stormed off saying she was going to get a manager, but of course never came back.
The point of the story is, if you do reserve those seats, make sure they're actual seats and not parking spots for wheel chairs! :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back