New BBC Star Wars Documentary on UK TV -The Galaxy Britain Built

I was invited for a private tour of Elstree on one of my trips to visit Stuart Freeborn. It was incredibly cool to simply stand in the places where so much of that galaxy was created.

Lookin' forward to the video. Thanks for posting.

The Wook

IMO Disney might be able to make an easy profit by simply reconstructing portions of iconic SW sets/locations and charging people admission for photos and stuff.

They could devote a site to it. Bring people through the rooms in small quiet groups. Have everyone sign a disclaimer so the sets don't have to be as idiot-proofed as a usual theme park set. The indoor sets would be easy to do. Even outdoor locations could be faked tolerably well indoors if they picked just a few of the best ones and devoted a large indoor space to each.

It wouldn't be a big seller. But would it need to be? It wouldn't cost squat to operate the attraction once it was built. They could charge decent admission price because fans would pay it. And just having those sets/scenes permanently constructed could end up being useful for lots of other minor things like TV spots and photo shoots.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that they got a Nick Maley interview in there. Haven't seen him since I was down in St. Maarten / Caribbean years ago.
Talking to a guy who helped Stuart Freeborn build Yoda was fun.

I'm glad to see that they got a Nick Maley interview in there. Haven't seen him since I was down in St. Maarten / Caribbean years ago.
Talking to a guy who helped Stuart Freeborn build Yoda was fun.

I've chatted with him, too. Nick's got some great stories about him and Graham working under Graham's father.

The Wook

IMO Disney might be able to make an easy profit by simply reconstructing portions of iconic SW sets/locations and charging people admission for photos and stuff.

They could devote a site to it. Bring people through the rooms in small quiet groups. Have everyone sign a disclaimer so the sets don't have to be as idiot-proofed as a usual theme park set. The indoor sets would be easy to do. Even outdoor locations could be faked tolerably well indoors if they picked just a few of the best ones and devoted a large indoor space to each.

It wouldn't be a big seller. But would it need to be? It wouldn't cost squat to operate the attraction once it was built. They could charge decent admission price because fans would pay it. And just having those sets/scenes permanently constructed could end up being useful for lots of other minor things like TV spots and photo shoots.

The Warner Bros Harry Potter tour in the UK is quite literally this - huge sets from the film which you can walk through and pose in. They make massive money from it too.

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/home

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back