Top 10 Star Wars Movie Trilogy Moments

RedVader1978

10 Han Solo Cased In Carbonite----Empire
09 Yoda's I Cannot Teach Him Scene-----Empire
08 Vader Breaks Captain Antilles Neck--- A New Hope.
07 Darth Maul vs Gui Gon and Obi Wan---Phantom Menace.
06 Order 66 Clones Betray The Jedi-----Revenge Of The Sith.
05 Han Solo Saves Luke/ Luke Blows Up Death Star----A New Hope
04 Vader Kills The Emperor----Return Of The Jedi.
03 Yoda Dies On Degabah and Joins The Force----Return Of The Jedi.
02 Vader vs Obi Wan and Obi Wan Joins The Force----A New Hope.
01 Vader vs Luke In Cloud City----Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
10) Chewie's final wail as Han's lowered into carbonite. (ESB)
9) Vader Force chokes Admiral Ozzel and promotes Captain Piett to Admiral. (ESB)
8) "That is why you fail." (ESB)
7) "No. I am your father.". (ESB)
6) Star Destroyer filling screen as it pursued Tantive IV. (SW)
5) The first jump to light speed in Star Wars. (SW)
4) Luke gazing at the binary sunset. (SW)
3) Luke finding his dead Aunt and Uncle. (SW)
2) Ben gives Luke his father's light saber. (SW)
1) "Obi Wan Kenobi? Obi Wan Kenobi. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.". (SW)

10) Chewie pulls a rebel soldier out of the fight by the scruff of the neck
9) Speeder bike chase
8) "Told you I did, reckless is he, now, matters are worse"
7) Han in the carbonite block hitting the floor with an echoing thud!
6) First shot of the falcon and ensuing escape
5) "we better start the evacuation" ....cue the Imperial march
4) Vader confronts a defiant Princess Leia
3) "no, I am your father
2) Luke and Leia watching Chewie and Lando leave in pursuit of Han
1) Star destroyer chasing down the blockade runner

Last edited:
10. Swoop rider narrowly misses Ronto causing its Jawa rider to fall off. (SW)
9. Han Solo steps on Jabba the Hutt’s tail. (SW)
8. “Jedi Rocks” musical number in Jabba’s palace. (ROTJ)
7. Wampa chewing on gross bones. (ESB)
6. RD-D2 hides from the Tusken Raiders in a cave, behind some rocks. (SW)
5. Biggs Darklighter steals scene before the Battle of Yavin begins. (SW)
4. Young Anakin! (ROTJ)
3. Han Solo and Chewbacca running into an entire hangar of Imperials while trying to escape the Death Star. (SW)
2. Darth Vader defiantly screaming “Noooooooooo!” before throwing The Emperor into the Death Star’s reactor shaft. (ROTJ)
1. Han Solo deftly dodges Greedo’s laser blast before returning fire in self-defense. (SW)

In no particular order:
1. Vader’s entrance on the Tantive IV
2. Binary sunset
3. That is why you fail
4. Vader’s mask coming through the steam in the Carbonite chamber
5. The princess...you have to take care of her
6. Obi wan’s look when Luke asks how his father died
7. Asteroid chase.
8. Luke in the half shadow half light in the Emperor’s throne room
9. Vader Luke duel under the stairs
10. The medal ceremony.

All of these lists are just amazing.... hang on.... uhhhh there goes my cred

Coop it is a bit mental when you see the list like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leia having a pop at Tarkin
Leia arguing with Han (death star)
The guy looking at Leia in the snow corridor
Leia arguing with Han (hoth)
Leia siding up to Chewie when she only just realises that Han is actually, really, going in the carbon freeze and they are all ****ed.
Leia arguing with Han (falcon)
Leia giving Vader grief at the beginning of star wars.
Leia arguing with Han (i don't know, just pick one)
Leia in the Boushh costume
Leia in her next costume

Last edited:
Okay, take two (random order):

01 - The Millennium Falcon barrel-rolling away from three ISDs during the Hoth escape – Just a crazy shot. Han Solo hanging it all out in the wind.
02 - “The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet.” The definitive Vader moment for me.
03 - Star Destroyer pursuit of the Blockade Runner – The first Star Wars scene ever is easily one of its greatest.
04 - Vader Force-choking Admiral Motti (and the accompanying LFE)
05 - “You want the impossible.” - The shot that holds on Yoda as Luke stands, focusing your attention on how small Yoda really is – just a beautiful scene.
06 - The Rebel Fleet coming out of hyperspace over Endor – Jedi is my least favorite of the OT by far, but the space battles are fantastic.
07 - “Hello, what have we here?” Love everyone’s facial expressions in this scene. ESB in particular nailed the humorous side of the characters.
08 - The binary sunset – set the tone perfectly for Luke and one of my favorite musical cues, as well.
09 - Han Solo casually walking out of the cantina after wasting Greedo – So badass.
10 - “I am your father.” – I remember not wanting to believe this back in ’80 (I was 10) and having to wait until ’83 to have in confirmed.

10. Swoop rider narrowly misses Ronto causing its Jawa rider to fall off. (SW)
9. Han Solo steps on Jabba the Hutt’s tail. (SW)
8. “Jedi Rocks” musical number in Jabba’s palace. (ROTJ)
7. Wampa chewing on gross bones. (ESB)
6. RD-D2 hides from the Tusken Raiders in a cave, behind some rocks. (SW)
5. Biggs Darklighter steals scene before the Battle of Yavin begins. (SW)
4. Young Anakin! (ROTJ)
3. Han Solo and Chewbacca running into an entire hangar of Imperials while trying to escape the Death Star. (SW)
2. Darth Vader defiantly screaming “Noooooooooo!” before throwing The Emperor into the Death Star’s reactor shaft. (ROTJ)
1. Han Solo deftly dodges Greedo’s laser blast before returning fire in self-defense. (SW)
This was funny but made me cringe as I was reading it :lol

10: The entirety of the Millennium Falcon's adventures in ESB.
9. Macrobinoculars focus on giant mechanical dinosaurs! (ESB)
8: Princess Leia in ESB. Pick a scene. She was so beautiful and feisty in that film. And her hair and costumes were perfect.
7: Han's wild west quickdraw blaster attack on Vader at the surprise dinner party. (ESB)
6. Luke calls his lightsaber to him in the wampa cave. (ESB)
5. Yoda lifts Lukes X-Wing out of the bog. (ESB)
4: Han and Chewie swoop in out of the sun and send Vader's TIE spinning into space. (ANH)
3: The insane lightsaber fight on the narrow catwalk leading up to Luke losing his hand. (ESB)
2. Luke losing his hand. (ESB)
1: Luke confronts Vader in the carbon freezing chamber. (ESB)

My 5 honorable mentioning moments too the movies

5 Yoda Kills Two Clones In an instant knowing they were the enemy after Order 66 was given on the Wookiee Planet.----Revenge Of The Sith
4 Obi Wan Scaring Off The Sand People and Come Here My Little Friend Scene. A New Hope
3 Alderaan Is Destroyed and Obi Wan Feels its End.---- A New Hope
2 Rey and Finn Escape Tie Fighters and Take The Millenium Falcon scene--- Force Awakens
1 Its A Trap-------Return Of The Jedi

Top Ten OT:

10) The asteroid belt scene, particularly Leias bickering with Han

9) Luke's realization that the small, bumbling, irritating creature is in fact Yoda - ESB

8) Tantive IV flies forward, and the screen is slowly covered by the star destroyer in pursuit - ANH

7) "No, I am your father." - ESB

6) Luke being all bad*** to Jabba and Han being like, "Who does this kid think he is?" - ROTJ

5) Han whipping out his blaster the second he sees Vader, and Vader deftly summoning said blaster. - ESB

4) Obi Wans half smile as he looks at Luke before he is cut down - ANH

3) Obi Wan talking about the Clone Wars and the republic before the dark times. - ANH

2) Yoda liftimy the X-Wing from the swamp. - ESB

1) Luke tosses away his lightsaber saber and refuses to kill his father. - ROTJ

Top Ten Prequel Era:

10) Jango/Obi Wan space chase - AOTC

9) Duel of fates - TPM

8) Qui Gon Jinn force ghost scene - TCW

7) Obi Wan fight with Grievous, "So uncivilized." - ROTS

6) Pre Viszla fight with Maul, dark saber on red saber. - TCW

5) Cad Bane's "What? It's a nice hat." - TCW

4) Order 66 montage. - ROTS

3) Ahsoka leaves the Jedi order - TCW

2) Mustafar duel, particularly when it's showing how familiar they are. Neither one can get the upper hand. - ROTS

1) Obi Wan silhouetted against the explosions on mandalore, after Maul kills Satine. - TCW

My 5 honorable mentioning moments too the movies

5 Yoda Kills Two Clones In an instant knowing they were the enemy after Order 66 was given on the Wookiee Planet.----Revenge Of The Sith
4 Obi Wan Scaring Off The Sand People and Come Here My Little Friend Scene. A New Hope
3 Alderaan Is Destroyed and Obi Wan Feels its End.---- A New Hope
2 Rey and Finn Escape Tie Fighters and Take The Millenium Falcon scene--- Force Awakens
1 Its A Trap-------Return Of The Jedi

A Couple of my favorite Clone Moments Would Be

1 Plo Koon Surviving In Space and Ahsoke senses Him being alive.
2 Yoda Turning Off Vintress Light Sabers and Tossing Them At Her
3 The Jedi Younglings Making There Light Sabers
4 The Lawnmower Run Short Cut.
5 All Scenes That Include Cad Banes Awesomeness

My Favorite Star Wars Rebels Moments Are

1 Ahsoka vs Vader
2 Obi Wan and Darth Mauls Reunion and Conclusion
3 The Return Of Captain Rex and The Clones
4 Yoda Speaking Too Ezra In The Lothal Temple
5 The Ghost Team Freeing and Helping The Wookiees

Oh man, tough topic!

ROTS: Anakin and Padme facing each other from across the city as Anakin considers going to Palpatine's office.
R1: Jyn and Cassian on the beach awaiting the blast.
TFA: The saber goes to Rey.
ROTJ: Luke attacks Vader after he threatens Leia.
ANH: Han shoots Greedo (first, last, and only. The SEs are anathema. I shall not mention them again)
ANH: Luke finds his aunt and uncle dead.
ANH: Binary sunset.
ESB: Battle of Hoth. All of it. Moments? First arrival/view of AT-ATs and the snowtroopers storming (heh) echo base followed by Vader, I guess.
ESB: Luke and Vader duel. Moments? Perhaps "You are not a Jedi yet" or "You are beaten, it is useless to resist!"
ESB: I am your father.

If I had to think of ICONIC moments, I'd have to stick to the OT honestly, though I think TFA may become iconic to future generations having been so widely accepted. Not to be a hater, but I can't think of a single moment in TPM or AOTC that would crack my top 25. Maul's first unleashing of the second blade is cool, but divorced from any real substance. Ditto the Geonosis arena...still, "This party's over" might make the list. The ROTS Order 66 montage would as well as far as PT stuff.

Edit: This kind of list could keep me up at night. Can we do a top 50?! Arggh, opening shot of SW, Ben's death, Yoda raises the x-wing...arrrrgggghhh!

Last edited:
If we're just throwing in any number of favourite moments then I'll give an honourable mention to The glimpse of Darth Vader's rhubarb and custard head. (TESB)

What I love about this is all the different things that mean something to each and every one of us.

I remember my crazy friend saying that his favourite part of ROTS was Ewan on the lizard thing?
"totally Star Wars" he said :)
I think of that often when I'm getting all high and mighty about the various bits in the films I don't like.
Its up to him, it's his Star Wars too.......(Even though he's wrong)

I remember my crazy friend saying that his favourite part of ROTS was Ewan on the lizard thing?
"totally Star Wars" he said :)
I think of that often when I'm getting all high and mighty about the various bits in the films I don't like.
Its up to him, it's his Star Wars too.......(Even though he's wrong)

What are his thoughts on Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen?

1. Blowing up the Death Star. (SW) Even after hundreds of rewatches, the tension of this one climactic scene is still palpable.
2. Vader reveals himself to Luke in the carbonation chamber. (ESB) Vader's bassy voice echoing with menace through the chamber still gives me goosebumps.
3. "I am your father." (ESB) Still one of the greatest plot twists of all time.
3. Luke refusing the Emperor's offer. (RotJ) This is really the big moment of the OT. Every bit of Luke's journey has led up to this moment in time, and it's what truly defines Luke as a hero.
4. Anakin's christening as Vader. (RotS) This is the turning point of the Saga. All of Anakin's anger and frustration caps off in one moment where he ultimately makes the choice that forever seals his fate.
5. Anakin telling Obi-Wan he hates him (RotS) This is the moment when Vader becomes irredeemable in his former master's eyes. This is the moment that, for Obi-Wan, Anakin is truly dead and been replaced by Darth Vader.
6. Anakin and Obi-Wan bid each other farewell as Obi-Wan leaves for Utapau. (RotS) This moment is often overlooked, but it's perhaps one of the most poignant in the saga. This moment is the very last time that Obi-Wan and Anakin ever speak to each other as friends.
7. Obi-Wan decides to train Anakin. (TPM) This is the moment when the entire Saga really begins. It forever ties the two characters together.
8. Anakin destroys the Emperor. (RotJ) This is the point where the prophesy is fulfilled and Anakin returns. The Sith are forever destroyed and marks the beginning of the end for the Galactic Empire.
9. Jyn uploads the Death Star plans to the Rebellion. (R1) The finale moment of the movie, and one of the most emotional too. It's the greatest victory against the Empire the Rebellion has gained, yet, and at great sacrifice.
10. Vader's revenge (R1) Admit it, this is what we've all wanted to see from Vader for 40 years. Since the moment the black knight came on the silver screen, we've wanted to see just how dangerous this former Jedi's fury can be. To see Vader slashing his way through a squad of Rebel troops as if they were mannequins is really one of the highlights of the Saga. This is Vader at his most terrifying. The pure blind fury that you see from him is one of the greatest moments in the Saga.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back