Blitzway 1/6th Ghostbusters

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Costs a few coins but worth it. Proton packs have all the blinky LEDs too.

IMG_7850.jpg

The Iron Studios releases are supposed to have all these lights but also the lights on the "gun box" of the wand. The part with the bar graph and the vents. And the Iron Studios versions are supposed to have metal proton packs.

What's the opinion of people here on these two versions of these figures? (Blitzway and Iron Studios)

I would be curious to see other views of their faces. Something feels "off" on them. Venkman and Spengler, especially.... their bottom lips look like they have chewing tobacco stuffed in there or they have under bites.

Remember what the protos look like and what ships regularly varies to some degree or another.

Oh... trust me, I know how that goes. We deal with sending the factory one thing and they send us a factory production sample back, and it looks close and we approve it. Cut to 6 months later, the shipment of 1,000 pieces arrive and look way off. You ask yourself, WTF just happened and how do I correct this now that they shipped these all here via ship? :lol

I share Moviefreaks opinion. When I look at the faces it doesn't feel like the movie was a comedy movie... ^^

Should I tell you something? The Ecto 1 will cost about 2100€ here in Germany... Thats about $2500. I can get a real car for that... :lol

The Delorean was a big deal for me, because I never paid so much money for a "toycar", but the Ecto 1 takes the cake... I love Ghostbusters, but not as much, that I have to buy the whole set...

Akroyd does looks a bit too old in this sculpt, I did tack on the cig hanging off the lip myself as that was a defining scene for me.
I'm just happy there is this stuff to buy and nitpick. LOL I suppose custom heads will be inevitable too if not already.
For decades there was nothing even close so it's all amazing to me.
I don't think anyone getting Ecto-1 will be disappointed though. Hard to get the "sculpt" wrong on a car!

These are sold out everywhere now. I have an extra set, so probably will pop them up in the JY in the next day or so.

Sorry, I meant Soldier Story versions above..

I just ordered the Blitzway version but I'm also wondering about these Soldier Story versions.

Those apparently have more lightup parts on the proton pack. In fact, if this diagram is accurate I don't think there are any more places that light up on the real prop.

image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's insane how they modelled the alice frame with the real switches, ports and foam parts of the real prop?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Blitzway Statz - cool piece but one of the cyclotron lights doesn't work - anybody else have that issue?

Well just got an email from Bluefin - I should get a replacement proton pack in 6-8 weeks - Fingers crossed...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back