Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

Adika Kagaht

Screenshot - 10_12 002.png
Okay, let's start analyzing. What the **** is that on the Longsleeve. Probably a map with some circuit board elements. Maybe a map from Columbus/Ohio, but i didnt find anything similar yet.
Screenshot - 10_12 006.png
The facescanner seems pretty easy, bended metal thingy with some pipe isolation and some cables and the scanner in front. And the thing resting on his chest, maybe headphones.
Screenshot - 10_12 012.png
Gloves are probably 100% custom made.

-I probably should learn 3d modelling so i can get the VR headset printed.
-The design on the shirt - if i find the correct map/design i will get it printed on fabric and sew the longsleeve
-Facescanner should be easy
-Trying to find futuristic gloves and modify them for my needs
-belt is easy... why is he even wearing a belt over the shirt

-pls help

Last edited:
Screenshot - 10_12 0023.png
Next Things next, I will get the Goggles 3D designed and printed. Looks like it has some stickers on it. The one on the viewers right is definitly a batman logo.
Also the Goggles have the 101 Logo on the sides and on the straps.

Let's talk about the Map on his shirt again. Someone on FB pointed out it could be Camelot. The connection is there so that makes sense. But there are no actual plans or maps of camelot, at least i couldnt find anything. Does anyone know what other castle it could be? Some 80's stuff, maybe from a d&d?
Every Information is valuable
camelotmap555.jpg

I can't wait for the movie. My input on the costume.

In trailer 1 at 0:25, you can see there is a Aurdino Pro Micro of some variety, it at the end the neck ring. The ring itself looks to be made from pipe insulation, duct tape and rubber bands. So that isn't headphones around his neck, it is probably for taste/smells. With the two large black pads providing some force feedback.

At 0:30 you can see a tiny bit of the interior of the goggles when they light up, with some exposed screws and electronics inside.

The belt, and neck thing are probably part of a larger backpack, perhaps hooked into the pulley seen above him in the ceiling.

Yeah, i just thought it looked like headphones. ofc they are not, unless Wade has some ears on his chest xD Device for smell would make sense, but in the book it says these devices would be extra/not part of the main goggles.

Yeah i will try to find some bendable aluminium rod and get that shape going, some pipe isolation around it, a few zipties and that thing is almost ready. Just gotta find out what the electronics are.
+ I see that the sticker on the left side of the Headset is an Batman logo. Can anyone figure out the other one? Looks like its red and white or yellow.

That's all for now. I think i have to design the Map on the Shirt myself.

Attachments

• 24572457.jpg
    24572457.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Screenshot - 10_12 008.png
    Screenshot - 10_12 008.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-27 at 17.38.56.jpeg
Got the main structure of the face-scanner ready. Just need some ducttape, the scanner itself (with blue leds in it) and the weird headphone-looking things that rest on the chest.
Also got some gloves ready to be modified. And im gonna start with the longsleeve next week when im at home again.

What are you planding on doing for the scanner? That things pretty freackin tiny! The closest thing I found to the haptic gloves are Neff Pipe or Snowboarding Gloves. They also have the white fingertips like the gloves that allow you to touch your smartphone screen.

I've got two tiny Leds that i will put inside of the scanner. I'll try to tinker something tomorrow. But i'll probably get it 3d printed to get it as accurate as possible (with the reference i've got)
Battery Pack will then go on the back of the thing. I just need to find a blue cable then i can do all that tomorrow.

The Neff Pipe gloves look really futuristic and accuratem i may consider using them. But for now ive got some working gloves with tips and texture. Looking good for now.
Im going to post pictures as ive got progress.

Mind saying where I could get the pipe for the scanner or what It’s called so I can look myself? The wire I found isn’t thick enough and I’m hoping not to order online.

edit1.jpgedit2.jpg

So the facescanner is almost complete, i still need to make these things that rest on the chest. But for now that looks good. Wore my htc vive as a placeholder until i get my "real" vr goggles 3D printed :D
StolenBlackMesa: I used a pen, dremeld the notch out and then covered it in aluminum tape. Doesnt look perfect but it works. Would look better if i used an aluminium pipe and did the stuff to it.
I even got 2 blue LED's and a batterypack in the back. When i tested it out it all worked, but after i mounted it in, the LED's didnt work anymore xD im not gonna take it apart now.
Maybe the hotglue ****ed the two leds? i used a bit to hold them in place...

Last edited by a moderator:
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-08 at 18.15.57.jpeg
This is how far i am right now. Gloves are here too, forget to put them on the pic. Next thing: VR Lens, soon the printingfile will be finished. mphazey83 It's pretty easy, used some aluminium rod, was easy to bend with bare hands. Some PipeIsolation for the "padding" in the back. The scanner itself is a shell from a pen, with a cutout and covered in aluminiumtape. And all the greeblies are DuctTape, colored Zipties and wire.

Hope to finish this soooon

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven identified the shirt yet.
That in the photo is actually just a piece of printed fabric. But i havent even sewn the shirt yet since the design i did seems to big now that i see it in person.
If anyone knows what the shirt is gimme that info :D probably a castle or something. Maybe D&D reference.

Hi Adika. Thanks for the update. I am working on the facescanner as we speak. It is in progress. No pictures yet. As soon as it is done. I will take a picture. Can you show me what your gloves look like? I need an idea. I’m gonna go buy the Neff pipe gloves. I’m looking forward to the movie coming out. Message back soon.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back