Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

This is the closest to the screen accurate I've been able to find, I ordered a pair of these gloves and I'm going to customize them. What do you all think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thick-Text...m=322976107058&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_8683.JPGreadyplayerone_trailer06.jpg20170722_n_nerdistnews_rp1SDCC_1x1.jpg

No one has ID'd the t-shirt yet right? I've now become somewhat obsessed with finding out what it is lol. (I feel a bit like Wade) I was thinking that the design could be a game map. I've tried looking through google at maps from Zork, D&D Tomb of horrors, Adventure and Dungeons of Daggorath, and haven't found a match for that exact design yet, but, I feel like I'm on a good path, do you think? I figure that it has got to be some easter egg in itself, probably being a nod to something the book. Are there any other games or video games that they talk about in the book that I might be missing? Anyway, just my thoughts as I continue the hunt! :)

Ya. I’ve been doing the same. Props to you with the dungeons of daggorath. All I thought of was the tomb of horrors and the home town of either Steven Spielberg of Ernest Cline but no luck here either. I wish you the beat of luck finding it.

If anyone has any ideas for the clear part of the visor. I made mine out of craft foam and plastic coated it. I’ve tried a soda bottle but whenever I apply heat to flatten it. It just wrinkles up. I’m sure there is an easy solution to this. I’m just overthinking. C2190D51-252C-43BC-A67C-FF926339A965.jpegF334D772-47B9-49FF-9713-B23BAE19EE08.jpegD7DFC2F8-DCC1-4411-8DE4-C9F908B7A426.jpeg

If anyone has any ideas for the clear part of the visor. I made mine out of craft foam and plastic coated it. I’ve tried a soda bottle but whenever I apply heat to flatten it. It just wrinkles up. I’m sure there is an easy solution to this. I’m just overthinking. View attachment 828269View attachment 828270View attachment 828271

Hi I’m new to these forums but have been following this thread. I’m trying to complete this for my son for SDCC. I was going to try a plastic sheet thing for art stuff. Seemed sturdy enough to work. Excellent work on the visor. We just bought a cheap vr headset and gutted it. Stickers we got were so big it’s going to be hard to make them fit. Desperately trying to find the undershirt with the diagram on it. I’m also trying to find a very similar blue jacket for my James Halliday outfit.

If anyone has any ideas for the clear part of the visor. I made mine out of craft foam and plastic coated it. I’ve tried a soda bottle but whenever I apply heat to flatten it. It just wrinkles up. I’m sure there is an easy solution to this. I’m just overthinking. View attachment 828269View attachment 828270View attachment 828271

I'm planing on using craft foam, then covering it with fiberglass resign. You wont have to worry about the heat then. Or you can do it in Warbla then heat is your friend. I will post pictures shortly, I have a big convention coming up, and I'm trying to get 8 costumes ready in time.

Hi I’m new to these forums but have been following this thread. I’m trying to complete this for my son for SDCC. I was going to try a plastic sheet thing for art stuff. Seemed sturdy enough to work. Excellent work on the visor. We just bought a cheap vr headset and gutted it. Stickers we got were so big it’s going to be hard to make them fit. Desperately trying to find the undershirt with the diagram on it. I’m also trying to find a very similar blue jacket for my James Halliday outfit.

cheap shirt.JPG
If your in a rush and you don't mind not having 100% screen accuracy this shirt might work for you, 2 different links:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/591186334/wire-map-shirt-baseball-long-sleeves
https://www.basedtees.com/product/w...potern&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=78999

I'm actually just getting a baseball long sleeve from ebay and doing the grid myself on the shirt. (exp grid done by a fan on the fb rpf page)
shirt search.jpgFB_IMG_1528665567855.jpg

The stickers you can scan and size down, they sell sticker paper that you can print on, or you cant just size down, print, and glue or hot glue it on.
5C96942C-2A79-4F87-8264-1DAC93FF1B83.jpeg3E40506C-5CEF-477A-843E-D3E2924B839D.jpegmidway.JPG37296000-pixel-art-red-rebel-fist-up.jpg16144708-E0B3-4B67-B8C4-CFA678B7AF60.jpeg

As for the Halliday jacket you might find a good one here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ker.TRS0&_nkw=light+blue+windbreaker&_sacat=0

Last edited:

View attachment 828356
If your in a rush and you don't mind not having 100% screen accuracy this shirt might work for you, 2 different links:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/591186334/wire-map-shirt-baseball-long-sleeves
https://www.basedtees.com/product/w...potern&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=78999

I'm actually just getting a baseball long sleeve from ebay and doing the grid myself on the shirt. (exp grid done by a fan on the fb rpf page)
View attachment 828346View attachment 828347

The stickers you can scan and size down, they sell sticker paper that you can print on, or you cant just size down, print, and glue or hot glue it on.
View attachment 828350View attachment 828349View attachment 828348View attachment 828353View attachment 828355

As for the Halliday jacket you might find a good one here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ker.TRS0&_nkw=light+blue+windbreaker&_sacat=0

Thanks for the help on the stickers. Yeah I saw that Etsy listing a while back but given that SDCC is a couple of weeks ago it’s not a trusty reliable option to arrive on time. I think we’ll try the route you are with that design and trying to do it ourself. We still have to shape the facescanner but the aluminum wire is easy to bend.

I'm planing on using craft foam, then covering it with fiberglass resign. You wont have to worry about the heat then. Or you can do it in Warbla then heat is your friend. I will post pictures shortly, I have a big convention coming up, and I'm trying to get 8 costumes ready in time.
I’ve coated it with smooth cast 65d. So I’m not worried about heat there. It’s the heat that I purposely apply to get the curb out of the plastic. (Because I’m using a 2 liter bottle)

I’ve coated it with smooth cast 65d. So I’m not worried about heat there. It’s the heat that I purposely apply to get the curb out of the plastic. (Because I’m using a 2 liter bottle)

You can get some thin acrylic from lowes or home depot, heat, shape, and cut to the style to your desire, then apply some car tint to it.

Last edited:
I received the gloves I ordered today. I'm really happy with them I can't wait to modify them, I think their going to look really good once I'm done modifying.

20180706_034159.jpg20180706_034207.jpg20180706_034221.jpg20180706_034215.jpg

I know this is specifically dedicated to Wade's Outfit in the opening scene but does anyone know anything about his brown corduroy jacket, or at least found anything similar?

Wade.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Re: Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

can't wait to see those gloves! but I am having a very hard time modeling an accurate version of the black and white visor to 3d print

- - - Updated - - -

any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

also the shirt could be an upside-down map of something

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back