Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

It’s taken me some time, but here’s what I’ve found:
A39B2169-B4F6-49B2-9CEA-455B05868016.jpeg
Close, but not close enough.

I'm making a Wade Watts Stacks Costume and a Parzival Costume as well, I will be debuting them at Dragoncon 2018. If any other RPF cosplayer's are attending Dragoncon 2018, let me know so we can meet up.

I'm also in charge of the Dragoncon RPF meet and greet that happens every year at Dragoncon. If your interested in attending here is the link for the forum:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281260

Wades Cons could be a weathered grey pair of chucks. But I don’t think tan IMO.

I’d say their actually the navy blue chucks that have been faded and weathered. I think. Still hard to tell from some of the screen caps.

So could I be right? I finally managed to see the shoes as tan, but now I’m seeing a faded blue. I know Chucks are not made out of a magical color-changing fabric (and lighting seems to produce consistent colors), so what do you guys think is going on?

This is just a guess, but the Chucks could be that moss green color... Might explain why they look gray under warm light and blue under cool light.

Attachments

• rp1-jb-02140r CROP2.jpg
    rp1-jb-02140r CROP2.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 6.32.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 6.32.38 PM.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 245
With all these different colors that seem right, I’m wondering if any of them are actually the same shoes. I’m probably going crazy from staring at them too long.

Last edited:
I hope this clears up the confusion of the color of his shoes. Like I said originally, their a grey / tan color. (I know most companies use a "specific color name" they like to call a color hence why I stated gray / tan. Unfortunately, I don't know the specific name of the color converse decided to call this color.

Also theirs some nice detail of the face scanner towards the end of the video.

I hope you all enjoy and appreciate this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this clears up the confusion of the color of his shoes. Like I said originally, their a grey / tan color. (I know most companies use a "specific color name" they like to call a color hence why I stated gray / tan. Unfortunately, I don't know the specific name of the color converse decided to call this color.

Also theirs some nice detail of the face scanner towards the end of the video.

I hope you all enjoy and appreciate this information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hellE_6SNmY

Update: Converse calls this color "Charcoal"... Style / Model number 1J793.

shoes color.JPG

Last edited:
Note that Wade's (as shown above) have the little loop on the tongue.

The 'black' stripes on the sole look weirdly light to me, so I suspect the whole shoe may have gotten a coat or two of paint for 'aging' - not sure what that would make the original color : /

Attachments

• w1.png
    w1.png
    379 KB · Views: 301
  • w2.png
    w2.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 334
Has anyone been able to find that shirt, or know where the pattern is from? Also has anyone found his blue flannel, I can't seem to find one just like it?

Regarding the map shirt, it looks like there's a tiny bit of text by the neck.

Attachments

• text1.jpg
    text1.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 340
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back