Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

Hi there,

FYI......the leds were bright white, with a small piece of diffusion paper over them.......2 x LEDs soldered on top of each other and slightly staggered.

Re: Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

Hi all,

looking at the facial tracker front on.......there is a stereo mini 1/4" jack socket, (left side) to which the armature is inserted.
On the right side, there is a aluminium tube.......this is where the other side of the armature is connected.

Important
-------------

The board used on the facial tracker is an 'Adafruit trinket' ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The insulation has various colour, and black cable ties, yellow electrical wire, silver Gaffa tape, and thin elastic bands......

.......the facial tracker also has a pair of extremely cheap JVC headphones attached, which are there to support the tracker, and have no function.......the headphones have a custom 3d printed piece attached to the top........

s-l300.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

JVC HA-L50

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to be able to post pictures of the actual prop, but sadly that would be a step too far.......I'm sure pointing fellow makers in the right direction wouldn't be frowned upon....

Hi all,

I've been skulking this thread with interest.......thought I would help you guys out with your builds, as
I worked on the RPO helmets, visors and facial trackers.

The Wade's white visor was indeed a custom design, and was 3D printed in 2 parts, (front & rear sections).
As you would imagine the 'IOI' elastic strap was obviously custom made.

The stickers were applied by the art dept, and from what I can see you guys have pretty much nailed which stickers are on the visor......there is also an orange Hallmark 'Gremlins' sticker on the top right of the visor.

There is also a 3mm piece of foam which runs around the edge of the back section.......padding in other words.

Hope this helps :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW.......the visor is painted gloss white........the same white used to paint TFA First Order helmets ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The visor on the original is a custom cast piece, but could be recreated using clear sheet stock, and dying it with something like 'idye poly'.....

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 807716

https://www.123rf.com/photo_37296000_stock-vector-pixel-art-red-rebel-fist-up.html
You mentioned that the gremlins sticker was on the top right. I imagine that is near the hoist logo but I’m just not seeing it. Am I missing something? Thnx

Hey guys, second post here and I’d like to ask a question that’s been boggling my mind since the trailer dropped: what are Wade’s glasses? Only way I know of I.D.-ing them is the prop display at Arclight. I know there’s some text on them that could reveal a source. And info on the Defender shirt tag couldn’t hurt either. Thanks in advance for anyone who finds info!

Hi there, you are correct......the Gremlins sticker was stuck partially over the Joist sticker.......doesn't appear to be still on the display visor though.....
Oh my word.......just taken a look Wade's visor now......looks like it's been though the wars!!! The front piece has a massive crack in it!!!.......not surprising to be frank.....SLS prints can be a tad fragile!!!

Last edited:
I managed to find a more accurate Street fighter logo for the sticker:
16144708-E0B3-4B67-B8C4-CFA678B7AF60.jpeg
Hey guys, second post here and I’d like to ask a question that’s been boggling my mind since the trailer dropped: what are Wade’s glasses? Only way I know of I.D.-ing them is the prop display at Arclight. I know there’s some text on them that could reveal a source. And info on the Defender shirt tag couldn’t hurt either. Thanks in advance for anyone who finds info!
97DECC34-114C-4D77-84F3-57ABCF6CFD36.jpeg
Well, I tried zooming in and enhancing the reference photo as much as I could, this is the best I got for you.

Last edited:
There is a printable Oasis visor on Thingiverse. I typed in ‘Ready Player One’ and it showed up.

no 3d on my end but I thought I’d spread the word.

No one has ID'd the t-shirt yet right? I've now become somewhat obsessed with finding out what it is lol. (I feel a bit like Wade) I was thinking that the design could be a game map. I've tried looking through google at maps from Zork, D&D Tomb of horrors, Adventure and Dungeons of Daggorath, and haven't found a match for that exact design yet, but, I feel like I'm on a good path, do you think? I figure that it has got to be some easter egg in itself, probably being a nod to something the book. Are there any other games or video games that they talk about in the book that I might be missing? Anyway, just my thoughts as I continue the hunt! :)

I do not have any special insight here, but the eyeglasses look very much like a pair I own. They are a Zyloware Eyewear Wire Rim Frame made under a Stetson label. They are a flexible titanium frame. The Stetson Collection came on the market in 1982 which does match the story timeframe. Like most eyeglasses they do have text on the arms. In my case on the left arm; Zyloware 058 and on the right; STETSON T-505.

UPDATE: For a less expensive option I saw my local grocery store (Safeway) carries reading glasses which have a very similar style. They are in the healthcare section and are the Essentials brand made my Foster Grant. So these should have widespread availability. The Foster Grant website did not provide a very useful search capability to narrow down the options but someone with more skill might find what they are looking for there.

Last edited:
I saw Wade’s visor is up on Shapeways now. I definitely would like to have it, but it’ll have to wait.

Still working on Parzival’s ESB rig. Which is in limbo right now ‘till the hardware arrives.

I got a little something in the mail today...I hope you all appreciate it...(The art of Ready Player One it cost $28.46 on Amazon)

Let me know if you need better quality, I took these photos with my cell phone, I can take with my camera or scan if needed.

Also there is a lot more stuff, but I figured I would keep it relevant to the Wade Watts Stacks.

20180424_002237.jpg20180424_004529.jpg20180424_002409.jpg20180424_004552.jpg20180424_004555.jpg20180424_004602.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back