My Blade Runner Props List

Another item to my Live Fire blaster has arrived. Yes, it is single trigger; however, all the relevant parts should still be the same, so I am not too worried about it.

Steyr 2.jpgSTeyr 1.jpg

Huge thanks to veektohr for helping me choose and educating me on finding a great looking rifle!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a brave man...or your gunsmith is going to get a medal soon enough, machining those to fit your gun:eek;)

This thread makes my heart sing!

I've got a question since I imagine the right folks are lurking here: would it be possible to assemble a blaster on a Tomen base with real parts that are deactivated somehow so that I could take possession without a gun permit?

I've got a Tomen and fantasize about doing the full on upgrade someday, but I'd basically need to commission 100% of the work, and I'd need the US government to NOT consider it a firearm. Doesn't seem all that likely, but if there's a way to make it happen, I know this is the place to find out. :)

I believe for it to be considered a full deactivation where you don't need an FFL to buy it, it needs to be chopped up. That being said, if you replace the barrel with a blocked barrel (You will need to replace the barrel anyway) and remove the firing pin from it, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to carry that around without a liscense. Depends on what state/country your in though, obviously. Tennessee can be pretty lax about what is or is not deactivated, but to even carry a model pistol open carry I need a full gun carry permit.

Been quite a minute, but I got an update on the live fire. Parts have started falling in!

4d5c1ad62f7c64e4ecaf174ba0a86d54.jpg

I’m getting the bolt and the Steyr receiver plug machined; all the non-real parts are Tomenosuke. Off to the smith for Steyr machining and barrel fitting soon!

Also I moved recently and got a full prop display, and Blade Runner has its own shelf!

11dfed15167b7b89a4808a5951d11e6f.jpg

Items include a real Kyriazi Freres tin, Sappers medical bag (a WIP), a real of era Halliburton Case that is 99% accurate, real Monbento bottle, real Recon walkie Talkie, a bezel for a force badge (maybe a future project), datapad and pencil, my Tomenosuke blaster, and many other items!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back