Netflix - Dark props

Fellas, I'd really want to tackle with building the machine.

If anyone wants to partner up maybe we can all fit in with things and parts to build a robust prototype?

I'm all for it, I'm just hoping for more references. My OCD doesn't like me making up components, although I know that may be unavoidable for some of the insides. Working out engravings now...

I'm all for it, I'm just hoping for more references. My OCD doesn't like me making up components, although I know that may be unavoidable for some of the insides. Working out engravings now...

That sounds great. The engravings are a plus, unfortunately I keep thinking of the cost of the metal work, it's going to make me cry lol.

Fellas, I'd really want to tackle with building the machine.

If anyone wants to partner up maybe we can all fit in with things and parts to build a robust prototype?

I'm obviously in, it would be great to be collaborating with a few people. laellee, can you PM me? I tried to PM you last week about your model but it said your box was full.

Had a little time this evening, thanks to Egosheep's 4k reference shots and sourcing, I began roughing in the main wheel housing engraving :thumbsup

wf3cq1qer59afnv4g.jpg

Thanks!

About 90% of the initial engraving layout done. I'm going to take a break from that nonsense and try to start populating the internal area with some proper gearing :thumbsup

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/cd41/up5r8ucuuvrt8sd4g.jpg

Sounds great. Do you think the tops of the three front tumblers are a found part of some kind? Maybe a clock part?

Small detail, one of the "VIII" markings is missing the middle "I".
missing VIII.jpg

Wow that's a great close-up.... I'll tweak all of the little stuff down the road, but I wonder why they left that off?

I want to almost guarantee that the front tumbler tops are found parts. I recognize the style of assembly, just can't think from where.... If I remember correctly, you could reach down and lift the 12-slotted ring on the top of the tumbler, then rotate the tumbler (or whatever is originally underneath that piece) to another position. The tumbler section would have a pin sticking out of the top that could seat into one of the holes in that top ring, so you could pull up on the top, turn the tumbler to one of 12 positions, and then let it drop back down to lock the position in. Those two thin metal strap pieces under the knurled top knobs work as 'springs' to hold the top down against the tumbler keeping it locked in place. I probably described this poorly, but I know I've seen something like this before.

There are two hero props, the old and the new. Only the old has the missing VIII digit, the new one has it. The two hero's and the CGI model also each have a different set of left dials:
ammeter comparison.jpg

The top power switch has a hex nut and the middle(old unit) has a round nut.

Yeah, I would guess they are a found thing too. One thing is, they seem to have small brass counterweights that fit into the holes. Looks like they can fit a different number of them in different positions. Not sure what it means, though.

Running out of superlatives here. Really amazing work.:cool

Also, just noticed your box has a straight edge all the way around. The ammeter/switches level is actually set on a higher plane relative to the main machine.

DARK.S01E08.As.You.Sow.So.You.Shall.Reap.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_43.25_[201.jpg

Running out of superlatives here. Really amazing work.:cool

Also, just noticed your box has a straight edge all the way around. The ammeter/switches level is actually set on a higher plane relative to the main machine.

View attachment 808613

Yep, I've just mocked in a rectangular box from the start as a boundary for building inside... It isn't even visible in the model view I use lol. These are great reference pics by the way, I'd never seen that one either! :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back