The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for fans of Finn who have been desperately hoping that he's going to be revealed as force sensitive. Finn was awful in the force awakens and based on these spoilers it sounds like the writers were just struggling to find something for him to do and he has no great purpose or destiny.

I feel so bad for fans of Kylo Ren who are gonna see a lit lightsaber shoved up his ass courtesy of Finn in Star Wars Episode IX, via a script writen by Jeffrey Jacob Abrams. Based on JJ saying that Kylo is an undisputed villain it sounds like you Kylo Stan’s are going to be out of luck when you struggle to realize that your boy has just been bisected from the inside out.

Howdy, Pawn. As of right now I have no reason to disbelieve you and I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions,

If you don't mind, I have a couple myself:

1), How does Rian Johnson's direction compare to J.J. Abrams'? As a big Star Wars fan, I disliked the way J.J. Abrams directed The Force Awakens, in fact I disagreed with just about every character, design, pacing, and film-making choice he made. It was too modern, too bland, too derivative, and unambitious for my tastes. Most people are hyping Rian Johnson as a "true auteur" so how does his direction compare? Is it at least a visually more intresting movie?

2). I absolutely loathed the modern, millennial hipster "meta" humor in The Force Awakens, See, I didn't feel like The Force Awakens earned me not wanting to be spoiled by the sequel, that's why I want to come into this one prepared. So am I going to hate the humor in this one, too? Could you give a quick example?

Thanks.

1. That’s really left up to the person watching. Still the script and story may be the biggest complaints. Acting is great.

2. Luke milking the slug then drinking milk. Almost bathroom humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoah my intentions were far from fighting here. I noticed you don’t like KR by implying he wasn’t important in this movie when he’s the villain. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. And my wording may have sound like I was challenging you and i apologize for that. RJ said that he and Rey were dual protagonists but i see KR as an antagonist cause he’s the evil dude here. Whereas Rey is the hero.

Anyway about Finn. I do indeed remember he was labeled the new Mark Hamill. So I’m sure we’ll see more of him in Ep9, just like I hope with Poe. Time will tell.

Apologies. While I’m not thrilled with Finn as a B story, it is what it is. What I’m not understanding is why no one, including Pawn, has gone into great detail about Finn and Rose’s storyline. Rian said the Canto Bight set is going to blow people’s minds yet there’s been hardly a peep.

Now if Pawn considers Finn “useless” like ElBarto down there, I’ll cease to waste my time but I figured I’d ask. FWIW, I believe Pawn’s spoilers.

I also think that there will be more of a focus on working together to bring down Kylo Ren/the FO in IX. The Jedi part will be spearheaded by Rey and the tactical part by Finn. He probably is not FS, but he’s a crack shot and a master strategist via canon, and I can’t wait to see them work together.

Again, sorry for snapping at you.

Hi Guys (I’m new too)

loved the read, but honestly If they are killing off Luke it means the end of the Skywalkers and that was what made Star Wars. From Anikan to Luke. Devastated!

Rey is the child of 2 junkyard dealers.. obi wan movie announcement soon... we all know now what he’s been up to in his spare time! He. Didn’t just “get by” and watch over Luke. I have a feeling she will be his

I'm confused: someone said elsewhere the Pawn lives in Louisiana and works a regular job, so to speak (so do I!), so how did you get to the premiere? That's the part that doesn't past the smell test, unless it was explained and I missed it

I'm confused: someone said elsewhere the Pawn lives in Louisiana and works a regular job, so to speak (so do I!), so how did you get to the premiere? That's the part that doesn't past the smell test, unless it was explained and I missed it

Really? Did any of you actually read the thread. This was answered on page 2. Here let me retrieve that for you:

For all you doubters just go see the movie. I’m not here to prove anything to anyone. I really do not care if you believe it or not. These are the major plot points most people wanted to know. Luke death would take 30 minutes to discuss. When you see it you will know why.

Hopefully, that passes your smell test.

Soooo many people joining the RPF because of his thread. It’s a shame because in a few days they’ll all be gone.

This movie works better without spoilers. It also works better as your own experience rather than someone’s interpretation of an event or scene.
Seriously.
If you refuse to go because (insert spoiler) then you are cheating yourself.
This movie needs to be experienced. I’m not saying it’s the greatest movie ever. To be honest I need to see it again to really be able to say where it sits in the Star Wars universe.
It definitely does not suck. There’s a sequence in it I don’t like (way too prequel-y) and I have other questions but there are some jaw dropping moments.
The premiere sound (as most do in non-theatrical venues) sucked. I could not hear some dialogue, and that always alters an experience.
Please go see this movie and make your own judgements, not because you read something like this person or that person dies in a lousy way.
Every person I talked to after the movie said they needed to see it again. There’s a lot there to experience and absorb.

After these intense hours of leaks and speculation I will definitely watch TLJ at torrent... I don't want being dissapointed in the cinema as I was with TFA about two years ago. I have lost any hope left that I had with the Sequel Trilogy and Disney...

Thank you all for your time!

Soooo many people joining the RPF because of his thread. It’s a shame because in a few days they’ll all be gone.

This movie works better without spoilers. It also works better as your own experience rather than someone’s interpretation of an event or scene.
Seriously.
If you refuse to go because (insert spoiler) then you are cheating yourself.
This movie needs to be experienced. I’m not saying it’s the greatest movie ever. To be honest I need to see it again to really be able to say where it sits in the Star Wars universe.
It definitely does not suck. There’s a sequence in it I don’t like (way too prequel-y) and I have other questions but there are some jaw dropping moments.
The premiere sound (as most do in non-theatrical venues) sucked. I could not hear some dialogue, and that always alters an experience.
Please go see this movie and make your own judgements, not because you read something like this person or that person dies in a lousy way.
Every person I talked to after the movie said they needed to see it again. There’s a lot there to experience and absorb.

I think what has been shared here sounds horrible and my initial reaction was that I didn't want to see this movie now. That being said, I agree with you. I have not seen the film, but imagine some parts of ESB or ROTJ leaking like this beforehand. It would sound HORRIBLE on paper. Obi-Wan was a liar, Leia likes Luke but falls in love with Han, Luke spends half the movie with a little green man in a swamp, Han gets frozen dead into a Popsicle, Vader is Luke's father and Leia is his twin sister. Imagine reading that stuff before seeing ESB for the first time not knowing anything. Context is everything.

Question for you: Was the thing you found to prequely mentioned by Pawn here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back