The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is when Luke is projected and walks in, it looks like a younger version of himself. Either they CGI’d him or cleaned up Mark for the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s either a fan made script or first draft script floating around that I read a while back. Lando was a major character in it and both Leia and Luke died at the end. The twists and reveals in that script may have worked better as Rey ended up finding out two knights of the ren were her parents and left with them and snoke at end with her fate unknown. Luke sacrificed himself and was the Force Voice that turns Kylo good at the end. It was a good read and I recommend it to others for what could have been. Oh well!

There’s either a fan made script or first draft script floating around that I read a while back. Lando was a major character in it and both Leia and Luke died at the end. The twists and reveals in that script may have worked better as Rey ended up finding out two knights of the ren were her parents and left with them and snoke at end with her fate unknown. Luke sacrificed himself and was the Force Voice that turns Kylo good at the end. It was a good read and I recommend it to others for what could have been. Oh well!

Can you share any details of what Artoo does in the film?

@ the Pawan, why does Finn wake up screaming Rey? Was he dreaming about her?

@ The Pawn did they show what he was dreaming about to wake him up from his coma?

Last scene of the movie is a boy sweeping his porch and he uses the force to move the broom. So it implies more Jedi to come...

Wait that may have been the ushers saying get out, movie is over. Damn I’m confused now!

That can still work. We still have a whole movie to go to finish this saga. I’m very curious as what they will do with Leia as Carrie passed away. As for Rey’s parents, Kylo may have lied to her just like ObiWan did to Luke for a reason. I don’t know.

@ The Pawn did they show what he was dreaming about to wake him up from his coma?

I don’t remember. I was more interested in the Luke/Rey/Kylo part of story.

Going to see it again Thursday on IMAX.

Biggest Mistake was not staying with the Legends Arc where Han and Leia Had 3 Kids and Luke 1 and had a wife. Or least had another non ben solo or skywalker.
Now in this story keeping rey the hero is best things after Kylo Killed Han Solo. But its clear they cant write it where Rey is tempted but Luke brings her back with a truth that counters Kylo Story about Reys Parents.

I do have a question What was Yoda's personality and Luke relationship with Yoda.

Yoda was Yoda. It’s a puppet not CGI or it looked that way.

I don’t remember. I was more interested in the Luke/Rey/Kylo part of story.

Going to see it again Thursday on IMAX.

Howdy, Pawn. As of right now I have no reason to disbelieve you and I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions,

If you don't mind, I have a couple myself:

1), How does Rian Johnson's direction compare to J.J. Abrams'? As a big Star Wars fan, I disliked the way J.J. Abrams directed The Force Awakens, in fact I disagreed with just about every character, design, pacing, and film-making choice he made. It was too modern, too bland, too derivative, and unambitious for my tastes. Most people are hyping Rian Johnson as a "true auteur" so how does his direction compare? Is it at least a visually more intresting movie?

2). I absolutely loathed the modern, millennial hipster "meta" humor in The Force Awakens, See, I didn't feel like The Force Awakens earned me not wanting to be spoiled by the sequel, that's why I want to come into this one prepared. So am I going to hate the humor in this one, too? Could you give a quick example?

Thanks.

This movie honestly sounds terrible. I can't believe they kill off Luke in some lame way. Is it possible that maybe he's not really dead and comes back in Episode 9 as a new reincarnation? I just cannot believe we'd have one last episode with none of the original cast in it. I'm sure Luke will be in it in some fashion as a force ghost but still. I'm holding out hope that he doesn't really die or at least comes back to life in 9.

Pawn, how exactly does Luke die? Does his hologram just fade away after he vanishes from projecting himself?

So, Pawn, any reason you’re treating the Finn storyline like it’s a dirty diaper? Kylo’s not the star of this trilogy yknow. When he was cast, John Boyega was told by JJ Abrams that’s he was the new male lead of the trilogy, the new Mark Hamill if you will. Your insistence that only Kylo and Rey are worth paying attention to kinda sucks, tbh.

Sounds like allot of people will be Sad that we dont get an Obi Wan and Anakin Ghost which some people was leaving video sure it would happen

So, Pawn, any reason you’re treating the Finn storyline like it’s a dirty diaper? Kylo’s not the star of this trilogy yknow. When he was cast, John Boyega was told by JJ Abrams that’s he was the new male lead of the trilogy, the new Mark Hamill if you will. Your insistence that only Kylo and Rey are worth paying attention to kinda sucks, tbh.

The latest JJ has said about taking over SW again is that he’s not gonna do the same thing he did in TFA. And RJ said that both Rey and Kylo are the dual protagonists of TLJ. The fact that you don’t like him it’s a different story.

The latest JJ has said about taking over SW again is that he’s not gonna do the same thing he did in TFA. And RJ said that both Rey and Kylo are the dual protagonists of TLJ. The fact that you don’t like him it’s a different story.

JJ Abrams saying he’s doing something different in Ep IX doesn’t suddenly mean the words that came out of his mouth to John Boyega in 2015 didn’t happen. Also what Rian Johnson says begins and ends with his involvement in the last Jedi. So your comment is probably the most irrelevant thing I’ve heard in this board.

You obviously kiss Kylo’s ass. Whatever. I’d appreciate you not addressing me again. My question was for the op.

Oh and by the way, Rian said Finn was “absolutely also a protagonist,” on his Twitter, so cut the ****.

Brand new member here. Yes, I joined because I came here to see spoilers and I found them. The Pawn is the 3rd spoiler I read and the only one that makes sense - the first one involved time travel, Rey being her own mother and Kylo in love with his own daughter, and the second was something about Force twins or pairs (2 halves of a whole - good and bad) and Rey & Kylo's kiss saves a planet from destruction and creates life. This is the only one that seems legit.

I could not agree more with Darth Dickworth. I am a bit older than you. I saw ANH in 1977 as a child, saw all the talk shows, tv specials, read all the magazine interviews, and yes, even the famous Star Wars Christmas Special of 1978. I'm not a 'hardcore' fan - I've read most of the EU books and some early comics, but that's it. And the 6 SW movies of course, but Disney Star Wars is not Star Wars. This is not George's masterpiece. None of it. I absolutely hated TFA (liked the characters, but not what they did with the old ones) and decided not to read any 'canon' books that went with it. The only one I got suckered into reading was the new 'Leia' book and that was a Disney channel disaster and was written by an actual fan-fic author who likes to write 'cheating' stories - that character is NOT Leia or how George & Carrie made her at all. and neither is the rest of this Diz crap. It's made for people who grew up on the Disney Channel and it's a formula - every character will have a background story that has the requisite story and plot of adventure with a doomed romance to explain their motives later on. But that's not how George made his characters at all. And TFA and now TLJ? No wonder he's publicly stated he wished he'd never sold SW. I wish that too.

I'll probably rant more later (when I see the move on the 16th) but as for Rey and her parents - this is part of the Sequel Trilogy so don't be fooled by the misdirection that they are nobodies, just some junk dealers. That might be 'true' from a 'certain point of view.' Remember that Luke & Leia had a Force bond and nobody knew they were twins - not Luke, Leia, and not even Darth Vader himself, or the Emperor. I think Diz is saving that nugget for Episode 9. I have a strong feeling Rey is Han & Leia's secret daughter that she hid from everyone, including Han (they've established that he's gone a lot) so as not to draw the attention of Snoke, she gave the child to Poe Dameron's parents who weirdly have a backstory and adventures with H, L, & L. Han & Rey have a connection in TFA, and he goes to save her from StarKiller Base like he saved Leia from the Death Star. Just my theory. But we'll see.

Anyway, this Disney SW stuff is not Star Wars anymore. For 40 years, SW was still going strong with only the Prequel movies added (which took nothing away from the OT.) I don't consider any of this to be SW anymore. It ended 12 years ago.

If these leaks result to be true... oh my ****lord

Also: I would like to know if Kylo Ren realizes that Darth Vader reedemed himself or he still believe that he died as Darth Vader...

JJ Abrams saying he’s doing something different in Ep IX doesn’t suddenly mean the words that came out of his mouth to John Boyega in 2015 didn’t happen. Also what Rian Johnson says begins and ends with his involvement in the last Jedi. So your comment is probably the most irrelevant thing I’ve heard in this board.

You obviously kiss Kylo’s ass. Whatever. I’d appreciate you not addressing me again. My question was for the op.

Oh and by the way, Rian said Finn was “absolutely also a protagonist,” on his Twitter, so cut the ****.

Whoah my intentions were far from fighting here. I noticed you don’t like KR by implying he wasn’t important in this movie when he’s the villain. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. And my wording may have sound like I was challenging you and i apologize for that. RJ said that he and Rey were dual protagonists but i see KR as an antagonist cause he’s the evil dude here. Whereas Rey is the hero.

Anyway about Finn. I do indeed remember he was labeled the new Mark Hamill. So I’m sure we’ll see more of him in Ep9, just like I hope with Poe. Time will tell.

I feel so bad for fans of Finn who have been desperately hoping that he's going to be revealed as force sensitive. Finn was awful in the force awakens and based on these spoilers it sounds like the writers were just struggling to find something for him to do and he has no great purpose or destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back