The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a point? He lied about seeing the movie. I'm not following him, other than 'being delusional is good'? It's clear now that thePawn was honest and upright, he's being backed up everywhere now

Kylo does not show up to Achto and get Rey to join him.

Kylo and Knight of Ren never show up at Achto where Luke and Rey are training.

Hi the Pawn, from a brother on the northshore :) Just curious, and I mean no disrespect or to imply that you aren't being truthful but...if this is true, then can you explain all of the photos of Kylo and the knights of ren on Achto from filming? Does it seem like this was cut from the film or what? It was one of the earliest confirmed leaks, there is a battle there in the rain in which Rey/Kylo fight while luke is fighting the knights. It supposedly ended with Luke wrecking the knights but kylo defeating rey(she falls or is pushed off a cliff I think and was captured). Plus, the trailer clearly shows her in the rain using her light saber, which she definitely is not using as a flashlight lol. Thanks for any clarification you can give on this.

Here is a link to an article describing the scene. Pics not included, but I have them on my old pc.
https://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren/

He's got a point? He lied about seeing the movie. I'm not following him, other than 'being delusional is good'? It's clear now that thePawn was honest and upright, he's being backed up everywhere now

If the movie is as some people are saying, the spoilers as leaked here do not do the film justice and it is the type of movie that should be seen unspoiled. Also, who says he lied about seeing the movie? Him spreading misinformation to try and keep people from buying into spoilers, real or not, does not mean he did not see the film. Perhaps he saw it and understood the value of going in unspoiled.

We can debate his method but I understand his intent.

I read and read and read .....if the news is real then I might be a little sad but Ill just have to see it....Its sad for someone to list as many spoilers as these and sure I could not read and read and read...but were all Human and we'll do what were not supposed to do....I hope I enjoy the Movie...

Just got back from attending a press screening of the movie, and I can say that the Pawn is right on just about every detail he gave in this thread. He got a few things in the wrong order, like Yoda does not talk to Luke until after Rey leaves Ahch-to, and Finn does not kill Phasma. He does fight her and she does die, but Finn does not actually kill her. And unfortunately, Luke does die after using his Force abilities to confront Ben.
And just in case anyone asks, I don't know the Pawn personally, so I don't have any reason to support his thread.

Terry

I'm so depressed right now.

I thought there was hope for a bit there, as it came into question that the Disney screening he was supposed to have attended was not until 7pm PST. People there, and on other forums, were calling it "debunked". Then he showed up with with a screenshot of his invitation for the 10am screening.

Still, his descriptions really do make it all sound a lot better than the Pawn's short, bullet-point descriptions, and I am much more hopeful now that this story can actually work.

I like this particular post, answering about Luke's death:

"It's... the guy's not wrong, but it's warmer than that.Luke is revealed to be on Ahch-To. He slumps, exhausted, but then he sits up again. He looks at the sun(s) burning into him and he cries - it's a warm moment, like he's truly been reunited with the Force. A cloud passes across the sun and Luke fades away.
I really thought it was beautiful."

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought there was hope for a bit there, as it came into question that the Disney screening he was supposed to have attended was not until 7pm PST. People there, and on other forums, were calling it "debunked". Then he showed up with with a screenshot of his invitation for the 10am screening.

Still, his descriptions really do make it all sound a lot better than the Pawn's short, bullet-point descriptions, and I am much more hopeful now that this story can actually work.

I like this particular post, answering about Luke's death:

"It's... the guy's not wrong, but it's warmer than that.Luke is revealed to be on Ahch-To. He slumps, exhausted, but then he sits up again. He looks at the sun(s) burning into him and he cries - it's a warm moment, like he's truly been reunited with the Force. A cloud passes across the sun and Luke fades away.
I really thought it was beautiful."

The more info we get on Luke's "death" the more it seems it was Luke's decision and nothing that Kylo did. That alone makes it sound a LOT better. That and the fact that he just vanishes certainly means we will see him in Episode IX.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more info we get on Luke's "death" the more it seems it was Luke's decision and nothing that Kylo did. That alone makes it sound a LOT better. That and the fact that he just vanishes certainly means we will see him in Episode IX.

I need to see that with my own eyes to make a judgment. All I’m reading makes me feel like Luke pulled a combination of Gandalf/Dumbledore kinda “death”.

I just spoiled this to a cousin and he went nuts about it. He says that explanation is weird and sounds as if he’ll be back in ep9.

Soooo many people joining the RPF because of his thread. It’s a shame because in a few days they’ll all be gone.

This movie works better without spoilers. It also works better as your own experience rather than someone’s interpretation of an event or scene.
Seriously.
If you refuse to go because (insert spoiler) then you are cheating yourself.

I'm totally cheating myself then. All I know is Luke is killed by a neophyte Force user, which is not plausible in any way. It's like having a new UFC and a guy who took two weeks of training beats the UFC champ. I could deal with Luke sacrificing himself or something, but not some BS that makes no sense. That's the biggest screw up here is that they were giving the main cast to play with, and we all knew Han was going to die, but Luke seems to completely have been wasted in this series.

I'm totally cheating myself then. All I know is Luke is killed by a neophyte Force user, which is not plausible in any way. It's like having a new UFC and a guy who took two weeks of training beats the UFC champ. I could deal with Luke sacrificing himself or something, but not some BS that makes no sense. That's the biggest screw up here is that they were giving the main cast to play with, and we all knew Han was going to die, but Luke seems to completely have been wasted in this series.

A lot of people are saying that it doesn't actually play out that Kylo kills Luke and it is more like Luke makes a decision that ends in his demise... I would wait until seeing the film to make a determination here.

I'm totally cheating myself then. All I know is Luke is killed by a neophyte Force user, which is not plausible in any way. It's like having a new UFC and a guy who took two weeks of training beats the UFC champ. I could deal with Luke sacrificing himself or something, but not some BS that makes no sense.

That's not really an accurate description of how this goes down.
The spoilers discussed in this thread may or may not be fact, but for those that are fact there is a great deal of missing context. There is a lot of emotion in this film. And this film does not tie up loose ends, it creates them. There is a third film coming. Enjoy this film for what it is, not what it isn't. It's got some really good stuff in it.
No, it's not what I would have written. But I wouldn't have written the prequels as they appeared either, nor do I believe Lucas a story God like some presume him to be.
If anyone is looking through spoilers to determine whether they should pay money to see this, they are just cheating themselves from the experience. I stayed away from spoilers for each of the last few Star Wars movies, and I attended this movie with someone who managed to not even know what a Porg was. Not knowing spoilers was really worth it in every case.
If you enjoy Star Wars, go see it. Even spoiled.
If you go in wanting to hate it you will.
I know my wife will enjoy this movie, and she may even cry. And cheer. And laugh. Twelve bucks well spent.

Last edited:
Hi the Pawn, from a brother on the northshore [emoji4] Just curious, and I mean no disrespect or to imply that you aren't being truthful but...if this is true, then can you explain all of the photos of Kylo and the knights of ren on Achto from filming? Does it seem like this was cut from the film or what? It was one of the earliest confirmed leaks, there is a battle there in the rain in which Rey/Kylo fight while luke is fighting the knights. It supposedly ended with Luke wrecking the knights but kylo defeating rey(she falls or is pushed off a cliff I think and was captured). Plus, the trailer clearly shows her in the rain using her light saber, which she definitely is not using as a flashlight lol. Thanks for any clarification you can give on this.

Here is a link to an article describing the scene. Pics not included, but I have them on my old pc.
https://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren/

That may have been filmed and cut, I have no idea why its not in the movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't the f'n gnats, I mean newbs, who signed up JUST to read the spoilers actually take the time to READ THE ****ING THREAD instead of asking the same, and mostly stupid questions, over and over? Sweet *****. You want him to draw the whole movie out with special ed subtitles? For the love of God.

I agree with this statement. More passionately said than mine, but true.

Had to come back for this one. I'm running my mouth? Because I said to "See the F*ing movie yourselves"? That is hillarious. You guys want spoilers to what is the best Star Wars movie arguably ever depending on how much you like Rogue One, and you all want to be spoiled out the wazzoo before actually going to see it yourselves, and won't enjoy the twists and turns nearly as much. I'm helping you, and fed up with people begging for spoilers. But I'm running my mouth and should be banned. AHAHAHA good one. Merry Christmas and try to enjoy the film.

Yes you were. Read back what you write before you post. Your first post in this thread took a shot at another member's integrity and post content. Why are you surprised and here in a Spoiler Thread? Just making up stuff as you go? Spreading misinformation? Cute.
Couple others came in with different points of view in respectable manner, why can't you?
Please don't come back, but enjoy the Holidays.
I just want to read, understand what I'm watching and enjoy a good story.
Anyone who makes a call Not to watch even before release is not a SW fan.
Think we can both agree on that point.

My thoughts on Spoilers and how this Post got way out of hand:

First, I clearly marked the title of the Post: The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS! I think its obvious that my intent was to spoil the movie for whoever wanted to read about it. The last I checked this was the United States of America and a free country so I am free to post Spoilers and everyone else is free not to read about them if they do not want to have the movie spoiled. I am not sure why so many people came here and were offended when they knew what they were getting into by reading the posts. WTF?

Second, anyone who knows me, including my kids, know that I want to go into most movies spoiled. So I read spoilers all the time. There is a strict rule in my house that I am not allowed to “spoil” the movies for my kids so they are going in Thursday SPOILER FREE to see The Last Jedi. I came here to talk about the movie with friends and I really thought more people had seen the movie, there were over 5000 people who did. Boy was I wrong.

My original post was very short and only highlighted the main points which I thought was enough for most members to go into the movie and still enjoy it. I never intended to taint anyone’s feelings or thoughts about the movie before they saw it themselves. Here is my original post:

Kylo kills Snoke.
Kylo is bad guy and remains dark at end.
Rey is the Last Jedi at end and does not turn Dark.
Leia lives till end.
Luke dies at end.
Yoda convinces Luke to train Rey.
Resistance is in disarray at end.
Lots of humor that some fans will hate.

I actually knew the first four plot points before the Screening and I was 90% sure Luke died. I knew Yoda was in the film but did not know how or why.

That may have been filmed and cut, I have no idea why its not in the movie.

Rian J said in an interview that there’s like around 30 min of scenes not included in the movie we’ll see in theaters. We’ll get that in the bluRay I’m guessing.

Third, I do not believe every movie put out by Disney/Lucasfilm needs to have an “I am your father” moment or “mystery box” as JJ likes to put it. The only Star Wars movie that had that big of a surprise for me was ESB, and it was not that big of a deal, because the ESB stands the test of time as one of the greatest movies (not just Star Wars) because of its entire story, characters and acting and not because of that one line or “mystery.”

Think about this, If you actually knew the whole plot of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” from start to finish before seeing that film, how would that make it a bad film nor stand the test of time and remain one of the greatest movies of all time? Its a great movie because of the story and great filmmaking team.

Clouding every plot detail in mystery does not make a story great, sorry JJ, because when the plot details do not go the way everyone thinks, as we have seen here by some of the posts, then a person’s view of the film is clouded. I believe a film should stand on its own merits and not because of one “mystery box” moment.

I hope and recommend that everyone will go and see the Last Jedi. Make your own judgments. Only time will tell if it is one of the greatest. Remember the Empire Strikes Back did not get great reviews when it first came out in 1980. It was only after time that it become one of the most favored Star Wars films and the other side of the coin is The Phantom Menace that got great reviews but is now considered one of the worst Star Wars films by many. It was The Star Wars Hype Effect that got it the great reviews the first time out.

I think by knowing the main plot details beforehand, you can go into the film with a clearer mind and pick up a lot more details that I may have missed. Go see it. I am interested in hearing what others think about it.

Ok, I am off the soap box. Now who owes me an apology for calling me a liar!? LOL JK

Oh and remember you heard the term Force Projection here first so I want a quarter every time someone uses it. LOL.

MTFBWY and have a great time Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back