A Custom Resistance Pilot look :Poe Dameron Black Series Base Mod

dmurano

So leading up to the Last Jedi, my DnD team wanted to get into finding out where their characters end up during the conflicts between the First Order and the New Republic. We've been playing through a homebrew mechanic, and one of NPC's who I'm fond of ends up joining the resistance as a pilot and for upcoming games I wanted to build a costume out for the character.. starting with the helmet. I decided to take advantage of the affordability that the BS Poe helmet offered.....and then I went and chopped it up.

IMG_2671.JPGIMG_2664.JPGIMG_2662.JPG

The first thing I wanted to do was to get rid of the outer blast shield, as I just felt like the look of it was just too connected to existing squadrons and I wanted this new squadron ( Eclipse Squadron) to have a slightly more experimental helmet look.

IMG_2674.JPG
I decided that a good base color for the helmet would be green, as the character had a lot of experience in infantry, and green would helmet tie his helmet into his field combat history. Just a standard OLIVE Green Paint/Primer combo.

IMG_2675.JPGIMG_2676.JPG
I used the dremel tool to cut into the helmet to add some weathering. I think maybe at some point he had a few harder landings sustaining some damage to the bucket.

NEXT UP WAS THE PAINTING!

IMG_2692.JPGIMG_2690.JPGIMG_2688.JPGIMG_2685.JPGIMG_2683.JPGIMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2709 2.JPGIMG_2712.JPG

From here I think I'll be adding some darker accents and a little bit of aurbesh and a squadron logo .

That’s awesome! How did you go about giving it the paint job? I’m completely new to customising props, and have a PD Black series helmet and am keen to customise it.
Do you need some kind of primer over the old paint then new paint on top?

I’ll have to ask how to go about applying decals too and weathering.
Would appreciate the help, looking forward to seeing how your project develops.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back