iron man boot inner components help

Frid4y

Hi guys i'm about to work on the ironman endoskeleton and I need your help.

I'm struggling for these mini cylinders that you can see in the pic below. I can't find them anywhere.
09.jpg

I looked almost everywhere but I only found electrical squared cylinders (in some online robotic shops), big gas cylinders and so on, but I can't manage to find these ones.
I don't know if I can find them in Hobby Stores.. any idea? they are essential.

Yep, rc linkage. Could not tell you brand/model of it. A bunch of stuff pulled from parts/scrap bin at the time at Winstons. Went to salvage store for a bunch of other parts too. So, knowing what they are is tricky unless you are an aviation or aerospace expert. Here's a close up pic of the boots after they came back from the shoot. A little beat up.

06 - 2007 009cu low.jpg

Are there ones that have a spring in them?? Just wondering for the linkages near the toes--these RC linkages will work, but how do you get the flexibility in the toe area to walk? i know nothing about RC car parts and the pictures I look at seem to have some sort of springs in the front sections. Any ideas??

Are there ones that have a spring in them?? Just wondering for the linkages near the toes--these RC linkages will work, but how do you get the flexibility in the toe area to walk? i know nothing about RC car parts and the pictures I look at seem to have some sort of springs in the front sections. Any ideas??

i'm pretty sure the ones on the heels need to have springs in them in order to support the weight of your body, also some on the front in the upper side of the foot need to have springs in my opinion in order to allow the foot to easily come back to his right position. I underlined the main parts that need to have springs IMO in the pic under here. hope it helps :)

06 - 2007 009cu low.jpg

btw i'm currently working on a 3D printed boot (thanks to jan hamernik's files) , here are some parts i finished to print, the measurements are ok. i'll just need some plastic hardener (if you know some please tell me) at the end of the project to make plastic harder. then i'll start with the paint job :) cheers!

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 12.07.38.jpeg

how does printing the inner components turn out?? I have those files and I printed the forearm frame and I found it to be not as nice as I had hoped. wondering if you have tried printing any other parts from that model. Also had trouble scaling the whole suit to my 3D dummy I made in makehuman...for the life of me I could not get it to work. Just thought I'd see if you had made any more progress.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back