Can you help ID this Studio Scale Model

TheHobbyGuy

Long Story short, this is owned by a private collector and on display in his cinema. He has had it so long he is not sure of the actual movie it is from. All his stuff is tagged usually, but this one is not. It is not from 2001 - that we are sure of. I think I can recall seeing this in a movie - but I suck at remembering names..lol. It is currently hanging about 20 feet in the air, so no easy way to get more detail (for now). All the rigging and electrical is still in it. Give it power it lights up. Any ideas what movie? Thanks!

20171128_182720.jpg20171128_182725.jpg

I don't recognize the overall design, but I do see a kit part from the model of the "Shuttle Tyderium" so that puts it after 1983 and "Return of the Jedi."

Cool.. now we are getting to a time period, that definitely helps... I know I have seen this ship. Was there not an early 90's movie with a circular spaceship?

Looks kind of like this space station painting by Jack Coggins.

Attachments

• 0715d60e67d9ce7a1b75fe7ee4a8dcc1--art-pulp-vintage-space.jpg
    0715d60e67d9ce7a1b75fe7ee4a8dcc1--art-pulp-vintage-space.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 125
It doesn't look that impressive, for a movie that is. Possibly something more suited for a TV series. It's looks too practical and utilitarian for a movie. Are you sure it did not come from a museum of some sort?

It's not a very good picture, but I have included the link below. It looks very much like this part in this image below. Click image for bigger picture

space_station_with_spaceships_3d_model_3ds_c4d_dxf_obj_0ab46093-4a6e-4a68-b322-a4210f55aaca.jpg

https://pics-about-space.com/3d-model-international-space-station?p=4#img6582989142619339298

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back