I, Tonya (Post-release)

I have to ask, why? Why make a movie about Tonya Harding so many years after the whole Tonya-Nancy incident took place? To me, the only that it seems like it has going for it is Margot Robbie, I'd almost be willing to see it for her alone . . . almost.

I watched it last night-- I thought it was a white-trash masterpiece. I agree that WHY NOW is odd, it doesn't seem timely-- but that doesn't mean it isn't a great movie full of some killer performances. I really enjoyed it.

I have to ask, why? Why make a movie about Tonya Harding so many years after the whole Tonya-Nancy incident took place? To me, the only that it seems like it has going for it is Margot Robbie, I'd almost be willing to see it for her alone . . . almost.

A.) Beats me.

the only reason that I would see this is because the Coen Brothers made it. There NO other reason to see a movie about Tonya Harding. Not even Margot Robbie would get me to watch a movie about TH.

After that said, anyone feel that Tonya might be seen in a different light after this movie? No? Same light?

I got to be an extra in some of the Olympics scenes, so I plan on seeing it. That said, I have no idea what the motivation was to make the film.

I understand that the writer interviewed Tonya and her ex-husband separately, and got very different stories, so wrote it like that - two fairly unreliable narrators.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back