SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant

ZombieBait

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, much like the walking stick, I'm-a NEED one of these toot sweet. :)

SPOILER FROM TLJ VD.

Luke's necklace...Sith crystal and all. :)

So...who's on it? ;)

luke's necklace.jpg

SH-Figuarts-The-Last-Jedi-Luke-008.jpg
I know alot of us have seen this image and also thats its just a toy but thought id throw this in the thread for another reference.

39d0590030a04182e4049dacadff7055.jpg

I did a quick design this afternoon and this is what I ended up with. Size feels right but I do see a few parts that need to be adjusted. Also I printed it in 2 parts for easier assembly. Once finished the plan would be to hide the seams on the prongs where it connects.

I love that this basically looks like the crystal chamber designs we've been putting in our sabers for years now. Also, what a killer idea - although where did Luke get his Pappy's lightsaber from? Didn't it fall down the shaft right before the Death Star exploded (again)?

I love that this basically looks like the crystal chamber designs we've been putting in our sabers for years now. Also, what a killer idea - although where did Luke get his Pappy's lightsaber from? Didn't it fall down the shaft right before the Death Star exploded (again)?

Could it be Palpatine's saber crystal?

This looks like a nice little prop to wear to the movie. andrew25rs, that look awesome so far! Can’t wait to see it finished. :)

What are everyone’s thoughts on the size of this? I’m thinking somewhere in the region of around 8.5cm long including the crystal, but I’m guessing without a point of reference (for example a photo of Luke holding/wearing the necklace) it will be difficult to come up with any accurate estimates?

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a nice little prop to wear to the movie. @andrew25rs, that look awesome so far! Can’t wait to see it finished. :)

What are everyone’s thoughts on the size of this? I’m thinking somewhere in the region of around 8.5cm long including the crystal, but I’m guessing without a point of reference (for example a photo of Luke holding/wearing the necklace) it will be difficult to come up with any accurate estimates?

Yea wearing this to the premiere is the plan. As far as sizing I just kind of took a guess on the general size compared against one one of my closest matching lightsaber crystals. In the end I feel like it’s pretty decent. It doesn’t feel too big to wear and look silly but still big enough to draw attention.

So I feel like I can consider finished. Maybe I’ll add a little weathering to the leather and I still have to tint the crystal a light red but it’s pretty much there.
Finished it with some Alclad and then a some acrylic black weathering. Weathering may be a little heavy but until we really see this thing I’m good with it.
Just used some leather cord amd some scrap leather to the bolo.
Also I couldn’t figure out in the image how the cord attached to the holder so I went with something that looked what I thought it might be.

0103a3461a381374f272ad3b4fe46228.jpg
e632947aec69f663523b35c9acb19801.jpg
e902334d637ef8d1f631dc823eeb6e15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back