Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    New Jersey
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 7:51 AM - SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #1

Okay, much like the walking stick, I'm-a NEED one of these toot sweet.

SPOILER FROM TLJ VD.

Luke's necklace...Sith crystal and all.

So...who's on it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luke's necklace.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	778765
    From
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 10:07 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #2

Yes! Iíve been waiting to see an image of this
  3. The good-looking one;) RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 10:48 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #3

Headed to the lathe as I type this

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    New Jersey
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 10:54 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #4

Woot! First in line bay-bee!
    From
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:53 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #5

Can anyone tell if the holder has 2 or 3 prongs attaching the very bottom on the holder to the main section? Iím thinking 3
  6. The good-looking one;) RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:54 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #6

andrew25rs said: View Post
    Can anyone tell if the holder has 2 or 3 prongs attaching the very bottom on the holder to the main section? Iím thinking 3
    I see 3. One is in front of the crystal

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    From
    SoCal
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:56 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #7

Looks like 3 to me - you can see the top edge of the crystal and a thin vertical piece behind it
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2016
    From
    El Paso, Texas
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 2:09 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #8

I just have the idea that this is piece of Vader's lightsaber crystal and the shattered piece that Kylo needs to complete his saber, which is unstable.
    From
    Los Angeles
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 2:22 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #9

You know what's NOT in the VD? Luke's Jedi lightsaber.

And for the Graflex, they have a riveted hero for the close up shot, but the one Rey is shown holding is a badly photoshopped stunt made to resemble the hero.
    From
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 2:51 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SH-Figuarts-The-Last-Jedi-Luke-008.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	778864
    I know alot of us have seen this image and also thats its just a toy but thought id throw this in the thread for another reference.
    From
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 8:03 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #11

I did a quick design this afternoon and this is what I ended up with. Size feels right but I do see a few parts that need to be adjusted. Also I printed it in 2 parts for easier assembly. Once finished the plan would be to hide the seams on the prongs where it connects.
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 9:50 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #12

That looks great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  13. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:10 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #13

I love that this basically looks like the crystal chamber designs we've been putting in our sabers for years now. Also, what a killer idea - although where did Luke get his Pappy's lightsaber from? Didn't it fall down the shaft right before the Death Star exploded (again)?
  14. Member Since
    Jul 1999
    From
    Georgia
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:53 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #14

veektohr said: View Post
    I love that this basically looks like the crystal chamber designs we've been putting in our sabers for years now. Also, what a killer idea - although where did Luke get his Pappy's lightsaber from? Didn't it fall down the shaft right before the Death Star exploded (again)?
    Could it be Palpatine's saber crystal?
  15. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    New Jersey
    5 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 6:23 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #15

andrew25rs said: View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...acadff7055.jpg

I did a quick design this afternoon and this is what I ended up with. Size feels right but I do see a few parts that need to be adjusted. Also I printed it in 2 parts for easier assembly. Once finished the plan would be to hide the seams on the prongs where it connects.
    Dang dude! I mean....DANG!

5 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 3:10 PM - SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #16

This looks like a nice little prop to wear to the movie. @andrew25rs, that look awesome so far! Canít wait to see it finished.

What are everyoneís thoughts on the size of this? Iím thinking somewhere in the region of around 8.5cm long including the crystal, but Iím guessing without a point of reference (for example a photo of Luke holding/wearing the necklace) it will be difficult to come up with any accurate estimates?
    From
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    4 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 8:30 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #17

The14thDr said: View Post
    This looks like a nice little prop to wear to the movie. @andrew25rs, that look awesome so far! Canít wait to see it finished.

What are everyoneís thoughts on the size of this? Iím thinking somewhere in the region of around 8.5cm long including the crystal, but Iím guessing without a point of reference (for example a photo of Luke holding/wearing the necklace) it will be difficult to come up with any accurate estimates?
    Yea wearing this to the premiere is the plan. As far as sizing I just kind of took a guess on the general size compared against one one of my closest matching lightsaber crystals. In the end I feel like itís pretty decent. It doesnít feel too big to wear and look silly but still big enough to draw attention.

So I feel like I can consider finished. Maybe Iíll add a little weathering to the leather and I still have to tint the crystal a light red but itís pretty much there.
    Finished it with some Alclad and then a some acrylic black weathering. Weathering may be a little heavy but until we really see this thing Iím good with it.
    Just used some leather cord amd some scrap leather to the bolo.
    Also I couldnít figure out in the image how the cord attached to the holder so I went with something that looked what I thought it might be.

18. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    New Jersey
    4 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 10:27 PM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #18

Why yes, thank you...I will buy one immediately.
  19. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    4 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 12:06 AM - Re: SPOILER: THE LAST JEDI VISUAL DICTIONARY PROP - Luke's pendant #19

Woah, that’s impressive.

very nice work.