Batman urethane Parts Questions

cbrant

1. On urethane parts (ie. Coofunkcurly cowl, Hell's Kitchen armor ) what are these black sticky spots? It seems like a residue, but almost seems like it is coming from the part itself. Is there a way to clean it?
2. Does anyone know of someone that currently makes a Christian Bale face insert for a cowl display?
3. What steps should I take to ensure the longevity of urethane parts that I wouldn't know from my experience with ABS and resin parts?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
2. http://www.hauntedstudios.com/Christian-Bale-Life-Cast.htm

1. On urethane parts (ie. Coofunkcurly cowl, Hell's Kitchen armor ) what are these black sticky spots? It seems like a residue, but almost seems like it is coming from the part itself. Is there a way to clean it?
2. Does anyone know of someone that currently makes a Christian Bale face insert for a cowl display?
3. What steps should I take to ensure the longevity of urethane parts that I wouldn't know from my experience with ABS and resin parts?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Likely the stickier spots are where the rubber has gotten overheated, but assuming you've not melted it, it may just be where the two compounds that form the rubber are poorly mixed.

3. My advice would be to keep it clean, dry, and out of direct sunlight. Other than that, urethane is pretty durable and long-lasting.

i also have a question. Ive searched for glue to use on urethane. to attach pieces to one another and onto fabric.
I bought a tube this weekend and did a test, simply glueing two pieces of urethane on top of eachother.
After 24 hours i tried to see whats become and i could pull the pieces apart no strenght needed. the simply formed a layer between the to pieces and did not stick.

any suggestions on the use of e-6000 or maybe a better alternative that doesnt need that long curing time?

Thanks for the Haunted Studios link. I've been looking for a Bale face for my suit and it's great. Can't wait to get it painted black.

wajtMht.jpg

yEPGjZ3.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back