TIE Advanced X-1

Attachments

• 76931124-4CCC-4912-A755-867D341EA81C.jpeg
    76931124-4CCC-4912-A755-867D341EA81C.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 300

Sweet looking kit! My wife bought me one as an X-Mas present from my two boys, ordered and paid for it the last quarter of November when they were "ready to ship". I'll post when it gets here ( I'll be lucky if it happens this year).

Last edited:
Carnet I think you made a good choice for a resin kit if you are not too familiar as this thing is going to go together like a dream....

Carnet I think you made a good choice for a resin kit if you are not too familiar as this thing is going to go together like a dream....

I'm no expert either, but besides a few small problems on the wings, it looks like a pretty clean cast.

How did you deal with the armature and the interior cockpit? It looks like they don't get along too well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I saved this from Jason's facebook post about it. It'll be dealt with in the instructions, but this might help right now.
Sweet. Thanks Scott! And Jason!

EDIT-

No amount of floor adjusting would work, I ended up having to remove material from the cockpit tub.

Last edited:
can somebody give me better clues on where to buy this

Go to the Nice-N Facebook page and hit the box marked "Send Message". You can then type a message to Steve. Steve will contact you back through the Facebook Mesenger service.

If you don't have a Facebook account I would suggest you include an email address in your message, so he can respond via email.

I messaged him a few hours ago via Facebook Messenger and he came back to me in about two hours. Pretty good as I am in the UK and he is likely to be in Wyoming.

Completely agree. Looks like around 1/16 inch needs to be trimmed from the rear of the cockpit to fit the armature.

Isel
I did about a 1/4 inch +, no floor adjustments and it's just enough. My poor pilot has no legs left. [emoji16]

Still a wonderful kit. Everything fits very well.

Thank goodness you guys are forging ahead, because yeah, cockpit and armature don't play nice. I'm curious if Eatons change is necessary as I'm not crazy about that gap. I tend to be an "idealizer" more than a "filming miniature" builder. Still haven't decided to use the armature or not......Also, I would prefer a Darth Vader pilot as my other Studio builds have "actual" characters rather than the filming pilots.

Use the armature. Resin cannot and should not be trusted to hold its shape over time. It's fine as an outer "shell" but not as a structure.

Looks like this will impact the cockpit roof too. Have to play with it to see what will need to be modified.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back