Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 2:45 AM - Force FX Removable blade vs Disney Parks Removable blade #1

Hi,

I was looking to buy a commercial graflex (so not saber smith) Luke Skywalker ANH / ESB / Rey lightsaber with a removable blade.

I was trying to get the old Force FX removable blade from way back (I believe it was called the signature series) but it's impossible to find and crazy expensive if you do.

How does the Disney Parks Rey blade released 2 months ago compare in terms of build quality, brightness, motion effects and sound volume?

PS: This is not about the "Black" edition of the Force FX but the one that shipped with the removable blade.
    Last edited by Gold; 4 Days Ago at 8:05 PM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 8:45 AM - Re: Force FX Removable blade vs Disney Parks Removable blade #2

If your stuck with a commercial product. You could always hunt on eBay for a broke fixed blade saber, and the custom saber shop sells removable blade adapters

You could always mod a broke one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Nashville, TN
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 1:56 PM - Re: Force FX Removable blade vs Disney Parks Removable blade #3

Gold said: View Post
    Hi,

I was looking to buy a commercial (so not saber smith) Luke Skywalker ANH / Rey lightsaber with a removable blade.

I was trying to get the old Force FX removable blade from way back (I believe it was called the signature series) but it's impossible to find and crazy expensive if you do.

How does the Disney Parks Rey blade released 2 months ago compare in terms of build quality, brightness, motion effects and sound volume?

PS: This is not about the "Black" edition of the Force FX but the one that shipped with the removable blade.
    From what has been posted here, the new Disney Parks sabers use the inferior sound board from the cheaper toy sabers so it underwhelms. However you should keep in mind the sound board for the 2010 Hasbro Luke ANH (with removeable blade) utilizes the sound fonts from ANH so it is in low-def. Might be a toss-up. From what I've seen the build quality is similar if not from the same manufacturer.
    Last edited by H0llyw00d; 6 Days Ago at 2:18 PM.
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:22 PM - Re: Force FX Removable blade vs Disney Parks Removable blade #4

Thanks, decided to go with the D23 after all, it being the "latest" TLJ version and the movie coming out next week and all. Removable blade sealed the deal. The fixed blade versions on display look like SFX props used on set with the polycarbonate tube. Just the hilt looks like an actual light sabre on display. I'll post my impressions once I get it if anyone cares.
    Last edited by Gold; 5 Days Ago at 7:31 AM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 8:20 AM - Re: Force FX Removable blade vs Disney Parks Removable blade #5

Gold said: View Post
    Thanks, decided to go with the D23 after all, it being the "latest" TLJ version and the movie coming out next week and all. Removable blade sealed the deal. The fixed blade versions on display look like SFX props used on set with the polycarbonate tube. Just the hilt looks like an actual light sabre on display. I'll post my impressions once I get it if anyone cares.
    My friend got one a few months back, I really like it! I donít think you will be disappointed