ANH Luke Droid Caller Aluminum Top Cap

Luke Top Cap - I’ll take the small lip off on the final run in the Project Runs so the cap fits tight to the top of the Droid Caller

Jawa Top Cap - I can model the transcriptor disc - we’re talking about the one on top of the turntable arm correct?

After holding HB’s machined one and seeing how secure it holds I’ll be using his after a small tweak in the design. Trooping with the measuring spoon topper has caused grief with lost toppers.

Btw. How cool is it that HBs efforts have helped lead to the Jawa topper discovery. How many years have we all looked at those pics without making the connection to the disc.

c.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-2912.jpgSW2.jpg

After holding HB’s machined one and seeing how secure it holds I’ll be using his after a small tweak in the design. Trooping with the measuring spoon topper has caused grief with lost toppers.

Trooping is another thing - something that i didn´t care much of.

For me it´s having a accurate piece on display. (But it would be easy to weld a stainless nut to the topper, repolish, and modify the original bulbholder accordingly)
For trooping ..... everything that looks ok from several meters is good enough, toys, rubber pieces, shaped piece of soap.... :D;)

So I could have saved the $10,000 I spent and the years of build time on my Boba Feet and just carved soap???? Wow, thanks for that Litch!!

Yea, It would be simple to weld a nut.....if you have a welder, a place to use it and training. You are a silly person. :)

Litch, your comment about trooping is interesting to me. It seems there is a misconception that you can't troop I.E. cosplay at cons or visit sick children at the hospital or raise money for charity etc and be screen accurate. That bugs me because not only is it wrong its condescending. Your replicas are beautiful and darn near perfect and you are proud of that and we all love to see your hard work and accurate eye...but...

The truth is there are many of us out here who combine the screen accurate attention to detail with the concept of trooping to take those beautiful creations off the shelf and into the lives of fans and kids. For me that is a large part of what this hobby is about. Like you, I also have shelves full of perfect replication and I love to pass those items and admire them. That feeling simply does not compare with the look of a child when their favourite character walks into room. So before insulting the quality or trooping builds consider that you are certainly wrong when it comes to most troopers but even if one does carve out of soap its real life impact is worlds better than a blaster on a shelf.

Also, my first prop was a Star Trek communicator I carved out of a block of Ski wax because I was too poor for anything else. Now I could carve one out of a block of gold if I so choose.

:);)

Don´t interprete to much into it. ;)

For me cosplay is something i don´t care a bit for (i don´t even like to watch adult doing it), so i don´t care if someone does it completely accurate or in a cheap costume, it only matters that he has fun with what he´s doing.
In fact i´m quite opposing to the selfmade standards (sometimes based purely on someones preferencies, not really screen accuracy, just a mix someone decided and the masses follow) several groups set, that imply to help better standards, but only keep the doors closed for those that don´t have the money and need to go a cheaper way. Or the other way, someone has photo evidence his stuff is like on screen, but it is not accepted due to be not the same as others already run. Or old inaccurate stuff is OK, but newbies got shown the door for wearing the same.

Collecting replicas should strive to be as accurate as possible or as wanted (and everyone sets his own lines what is on his shelves).
Trooping should be fun, that elitist behaviour "you can´t play with us if you don´t agree to what we say" is no fun in my eyes.

Its hard to interpret "everything that looks ok from several meters is good enough, toys, rubber pieces, shaped piece of soap.... :D;)" any other way than how you wrote it. That hit a nerve for several reasons part of which is that it is simply not accurate and it was a direct response to my post that mentioned trooping.

Hey look, I don't care at all what your opinion is on trooping, accuracy or the boxers or briefs choice but I can't stop myself from calling out condescension when I see it. Its a South Philly thing. Its in the blood.

Maybe Im wrong but it seems you like to make assumptive implication insults. First, after I mention a cosplay issue with a topper you make a statement asserting cosplayers don't care about accuracy. When I point out that there are folks out here that strive for screen accuracy you speak negatively regarding groups with accuracy standards as elitist.

We get it, you don't like people wearing costumes. Halloween must be a hoot at your house. :ninja:devil:darnkids

Its hard to interpret "everything that looks ok from several meters is good enough, toys, rubber pieces, shaped piece of soap.... :D;)" any other way than how you wrote it. That hit a nerve for several reasons part of which is that it is simply not accurate and it was a direct response to my post that mentioned trooping.

It just should show my opinion on some stupid rules in the SW costume clubs.

Just cause "I" like it some "sort of" accurate (i still like deleting the sloppy work of the propmakers and make it more believeable for in-universe), i don´t think that my opinion (or anyone else, too) should be ruling someone out. Old FX armor is ok if it´s old, but not when a new one uses it?

On the other hand i always would prefer to see a standard sized trooper in a FX or Ebay armor with inaccurate details over a really big trooper in a RS that needed to be shimmed in any direction but with all needed details. Or a blonde Leia (just a example).

Hey look, I don't care at all what your opinion is on trooping, accuracy or the boxers or briefs choice but I can't stop myself from calling out condescension when I see it. Its a South Philly thing. Its in the blood.

That´s good, cause i don´t care fore next to anyones opinion on whatever. And so should noone on mine. It´s just one opinion out of many, it doesn´t matter.
But without dissenting opinions to talk about life would be boring. :cool

Maybe Im wrong but it seems you like to make assumptive implication insults. First, after I mention a cosplay issue with a topper you make a statement asserting cosplayers don't care about accuracy. When I point out that there are folks out here that strive for screen accuracy you speak negatively regarding groups with accuracy standards as elitist.

Aye, that´s for sure not easyly to understand, and being no native english speaker (obvisiously), i´m not sure if i can explain it any better.
A guy striving for his own accuracy is great. Many guys forcing other interested guys to follow their own imagined "rules", or singleing them out, is not that great.

(And now i need to google "it seems you like to make assumptive implication insults" :rolleyes Sorry :$)

We get it, you don't like people wearing costumes. Halloween must be a hoot at your house. :ninja:devil:darnkids
Never needed to give that any thoughts, as Helloween is close to non existent in my country. :lol
It´s not that i don´t like people in costumes in general. It´s more that to many people make choices on their costumes that just don´t look good at what they are displaying, and seeing them takes the fun away from me. Even when i´m appreciating them having fun doing what they do, it´s distracting and irritating me - in the same way as the people who can´t sing to save their life trying to win "Got Talent" or some show like that. As if they have no mirror or no friends telling them the truth. And i´m sure they would look much better and less irritating in another costume.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but whatever she wears Lich won't approve :D

It depends ...... :angel

No, thanks. If i would want a machined one, i would power up my lathe and make me one. I didn´t do that as i think the measuring spoons are more accurate.

No, thanks. If i would want a machined one, i would power up my lathe and make me one. I didn´t do that as i think the measuring spoons are more accurate.

LOL, you’re the best Michael. One could only dream to have their very own lathe and know how to use it. You don’t sleep much either. All the best

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back