Tarantino’s Star Trek

Re: Tarantino Trek

Given his love of old music, it would be worth the admission price alone if he pulled the Amok Time fight music out of storage.

I unfortunately can't say I will skip this movie, because it's Star Trek, but I dont like this idea of him actually directing it. The only movie of his I liked at all was Django Unchained. I absolutely hate his aesthetic and I don't want to see it brought to this [or any existing] franchise. #NotMyStarTrek

So what if he is a fan? Simon Pegg is a fan and while most of Star Trek Beyond was good (including Kirk finally act more like a captain) it went off the rails near the end. Riding around on a motorcycle that had been sitting for decades, flying a crashed ship that was half covered by a mountain, and then destroying the enemy ships using Beasty Boys.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

To be fair though, much of Tarantino's best films were dependent on Sally Menke. Even Death Proof, as awful as it is, has that "pep" and "life" that his better films have. Since her passing, his films have certainly not been at the level where they used to be. His being involved with Star Trek can't be any worse than any of this recent stuff, or his worst, as far as I'm concerned. It certainly won't be his best, that's for sure.

To be fair though, much of Tarantino's best films were dependent on Sally Menke. Even Death Proof, as awful as it is, has that "pep" and "life" that his better films have. Since her passing, his films have certainly not been at the level where they used to be. His being involved with Star Trek can't be any worse than any of this recent stuff, or his worst, as far as I'm concerned. It certainly won't be his best, that's for sure.

I love all his movies other than Jackie Brown and Death Proof, so will have to agree to differ :p

Sir Patrick is open to being Picard in QT's Trek movie -
http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard-quentin-tarantino/

Sooooo if he is willing to do it, to all you naysayers PPPPPPPPPBBBBBBBTTTTTTTT.

"Damn Scottie, this is some serious gourmet Raktajino. Me and Spock would have been satisfied with some replicated tasters choice, and he springs this serious gourmet shat on us."
"Knock it off Kirk."
"What..."
"I don't need you to tell me how frakking good my raktajino is OK. I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is. When Beverly goes shopping she buys shat. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff cause when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the raktajino in my kitchen. It's the dead Vulcan in my garage."
"Oh Scotty, don't even worry about it."
"No no no no listen I don't want to think about anything. When you came flying in here did you notice a sign on the front of my house that said Dead Vulcan Storage?"
"Scotty you know I didn't see no Shat..."
"DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN ON THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE THAT SAID DEAD VULCAN STORAGE?"
"No, I didn't."
"You know why you didn't see that sign? "
"Why?'
"CAUSE IT AIN'T THERE CAUSE STORING DEAD VULCANS AIN'T MY FRAKKING BUSINESS THAT'S WHY."

....and so it begins! :lol

I can't see the Mount being that desperate although stranger things have happned.

As far as any film with the Next Gen cast, well that ship has long sailed....

Kirk and Picard never actually left the nexus, it was all in Picards imagination, thats why he was the action hero in all the films that followed when he wasn't really before.

Gives them both an excuse to be in it, and still have a completely new crew when they do come out.

It could be something with Klingons involved, like the "Rise of the Klingon Empire" or such. Didn't Tarantino loved to quote Klingon proverbs (Kill Bill: Revenge is a dish...) ? ;)

Doesn't sound good.
No indication anyone in creative control for years now has a grasp.
Anything with Abrams calling any shots will suck. He is a vampire to Trek and sucks away
all core values Trek had and replaces it with lowest common denominator mass appeal nonsense.
Tarantino, I have no idea what he likes about Star Trek or what
it is he thinks he can bring to the table. He hasn't made anything like thoughtful Sci Fi, so
probably it's not going to be that. Odds not good at all.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back