TLJ Luke's Necklace & Compass (Spoilers)

Re: TLJ Luke Island Props (Spoilers)

They talked about it back on 4 NOV.

Carrie Fisher Is Why “Last Jedi” Is Full Of Bling[/h]http://www.darkhorizons.com/carrie-fisher-is-why-last-jedi-is-full-of-bling/

Supreme Leader Snoke has a giant black-jewelled ring, Poe Dameron wears a ring around his neck, new character Rose wears a necklace that ties into her backstory, Luke Skywalker is rumored to possess a certain special necklace, and of course Leia herself is outfitted in her own stylish jewels.

I'm kind of hoping (hope hope hope) that it is the crystal of an ex-Emperor's Hand that held a special place in Luke's heart.

I think it is the piece of shattered crystal Kylo needs to complete his saber and make it more stable.

But why actually WEAR it? Youd think that would have a bad influence on him...

It's been established in Star Wars canon that objects are not good or evil.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

When Kanan showed him the Sithholocron that Ezra had obtained on Malachor, Bendu explained that an object could not make someone good or evil. However, he stressed that only a person could choose to change themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shot of the compass prop from the film

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.48.54 PM.png

Totally looks like the necklace is a Kyber crystal. Maybe Vader’s?

Doubtful, considering Vader's hand and saber went down the reactor shaft when Luke sliced it off. I doubt he had time to do down there and retrieve it before the explosion. Unless it was another crystal Vader had on him as a back up.

Doubtful, considering Vader's hand and saber went down the reactor shaft when Luke sliced it off. I doubt he had time to do down there and retrieve it before the explosion. Unless it was another crystal Vader had on him as a back up.
They will always find a way to manipulate what was seen before... Seems like a job all in itself in Hollywood..

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

In the context of the rest of the pages for Luke, the "recovered jedi crusader pendant" sounds like just another of the artifacts that Luke found in the ruins of the first Jedi temple.

My guess is that it is just a call-back to ancient history from the KOTOR age, when there were whole armies of Sith, and this is just a fragment of a red crystal from some ancient Sith warrior's lightsaber, collected as a trophy and turned into a pendant.

Instead of it being some weird connection to Vader, I would think it is just something Luke found and chose to wear, perhaps as a reminder to himself that Jedi were defeating the Sith thousands of years before he ever existed, and that he was merely the last of the Jedi to accomplish the same thing.

I really like the inclusion of these kinds of things. One thing I always wanted to see, but the old EU never really got into, was Luke going off to recover Jedi artifacts, teaching materials, etc. I think from time to time they mentioned Luke finding a holocron or something, but you never got to hear the story involved.

So even though the necklace got a nice closeup shot, I dont think Luke ever wore it, and neither prop was really used. :/

I wonder if that is how Luke was masking or shutting off the force. By surrounding his light side self with the dark side energy of a sith crystal, palpatine's compass, and the dark hole on the island. There is a lot of talk of balance in the film and that would be another way to achieve it.

Just a thought.

big speculation the neck lace is the cyber crystal of darth raven

At best, this would be a loose connection to Revan when he was still a Jedi, rather than the crystal from his sith lightsaber.

Even then, this theory only exists due to it being labeled "Recovered Jedi Crusader Pendant" in the TLJ Visual Dictionary, and the Revanchists also being known as the "Jedi Crusaders": http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchist

It is really just speculation based on the phrase "Jedi Crusader", which is pretty thin. Since this temple on Ahch-To would pre-date KOTOR, and this is an ancient artifact found there, I can't see how it would actually have any connection at all to Revan.

It's still cool though!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back