TLJ Luke's Necklace & Compass (Spoilers)

E62F378D-DC9C-48CA-B12F-8BCC58FFB4FE.jpeg0FAB7EA8-0B80-47DE-9308-E85CE6FCF3DB.jpeg

Either that necklace is an old concept or people have jumped on it reaaaallll fast, because I have been seeing a lot glowing crystal star wars labeled necklaces on etsy. Not entirely accurate, but a similar concept.

I think the compass is what Luke used to find the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.

Does anyone have any ideas about how big it is? When Luke holds it in the game, it looks about 2-1/2” diameter and maybe 1” thick when closed. Any other thoughts?

I've started working on the necklace. I'm currently making a prototype out of wood, because I have that, planning to make molds from that and cast in acrylic in 3 pieces. I also ordered some "crystals" online to set in the finished version. Anyone have any thoughts on the wisdom or folly of this plan?

I think the compass is what Luke used to find the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.

Does anyone have any ideas about how big it is? When Luke holds it in the game, it looks about 2-1/2” diameter and maybe 1” thick when closed. Any other thoughts?
I’m builiding one

I've started working on the necklace. I'm currently making a prototype out of wood, because I have that, planning to make molds from that and cast in acrylic in 3 pieces. I also ordered some "crystals" online to set in the finished version. Anyone have any thoughts on the wisdom or folly of this plan?
Sounds good. Especially the idea of buying crystals to put inside the pendant. If you can find one that’s the correct size/shape, I think it will really finish the piece off.

My plan is to build the necklace using a mixture of wooden dowel and 3D printed parts. I was going to make the crystal using clay, but now I really like your idea instead. :D

I was over a friends house last night, she had these blue fridge magnets on her refrigerator that looked exactly like the blue sphere inside the middle. I’ll ask her to take a photo for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You doing a run of these?

I finally caved and ordered a replica of Jyn's necklace, would love some more to display with it :)

I got back to work last night. Here's my original, still in pieces. I'll prime and sand tonight and perhaps pour the molds before I cry myself to sleep. I'm going to cast it in 3 pieces, then assemble later. I've got sources for the leather string, brass tubes, but I haven't ordered them yet. Also, that's one of the "crystals" I ordered, they took about a month to get here. Not super jazzed about the "titanium" finish, but if I weather it a bit, it should totally work.
Luke's Necklace WIP.jpg

I got back to work last night. Here's my original, still in pieces. I'll prime and sand tonight and perhaps pour the molds before I cry myself to sleep. I'm going to cast it in 3 pieces, then assemble later. I've got sources for the leather string, brass tubes, but I haven't ordered them yet. Also, that's one of the "crystals" I ordered, they took about a month to get here. Not super jazzed about the "titanium" finish, but if I weather it a bit, it should totally work.
View attachment 795184

Looking good! Might be interested in a finished piece :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back