Fake Luke ESB Hero Lightsaber?

My first graflex had a teeny tiny amount of surface rust, but I just accounted that to perhaps there was a tiny bit of iron in the nickel plating. And like you said, I "wiped it off" with 0000 steel wool, and that was probably more work than it needed.

Check it... REAL graflex tops and bottoms DO NOT RUST. No way, no how.

Clamps, can develop rust because under that plating they are steel. The bunny ears/bulb clamp... also steel and can rust under the plating and leak through.

Now the plating on the brass CAN on the surface, show rust from contact with OTHER rusting steel, but almost always can be wiped right off. MOST of what you see is just some corrosion from old adhesives, battery acid, etc. and NOT rust coming through the plating. Anyone touting that they have a real graflex where the tops and bottoms are rusty from age is full of baloney.

Homeboy is a scammer, and a complete liar. There I said it. He's lying... straight up. That's not a screen used or production prop, no way, no how. Check out that article posted. The guy stole from his own mother... a lot! Come on... there's no question.

Plus they have Facebook groups to post on. There’s minimum 3 posts a day from people asking HAY IS THIS REAL!? Scott should start charging for his assessment.

I too am in that group and read that post. I laughed out loud and moved on. I'm with some of you and am thinking about leaving the group. I can't take that "atmosphere" anymore.

That group is just silly. Someone posts a picture claiming seen used. Someone else points out its obviously not. A boat load of friends of the poster start yelling "hater" and you don't know him, he is an "insider". Ive seen transactions occur on that site on the regular where people have paid $100s if not $1000s on fakes.

That group is just silly. Someone posts a picture claiming seen used. Someone else points out its obviously not. A boat load of friends of the poster start yelling "hater" and you don't know him, he is an "insider". Ive seen transactions occur on that site on the regular where people have paid $100s if not $1000s on fakes.

Never mind I’m still glad I don’t have Facebook lol

I mean, it's tough to tell from that picture, but it seems that the actual tube part and bunny ear part are slightly different colors/tints of metal, but a vintage is always pretty uniform in the chrome color of the parts, so it's probably a fake. (I can upload photos of this later) Also, the holes for the pins and ports are A) too sharp of cuts to be real, since they are more pressed in and would show up in the light, and B) the black plug doesn't look like it sticks out of the top, so it's most likely a fake top half. If that guy really does think it's a real deal screen used prop, then somethings wrong with this world.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if he genuinely believed it's a real production made Graflex, because that's what he bought it as? Someone else committed the fraud in selling it as such, and he unknowingly perpetuated the falsehood, only because he didn't research his purchase.

I'm not defending him per se, but maybe he just had a hard time accepting he'd been scammed.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if he genuinely believed it's a real production made Graflex, because that's what he bought it as? Someone else committed the fraud in selling it as such, and he unknowingly perpetuated the falsehood, only because he didn't research his purchase.

I'm not defending him per se, but maybe he just had a hard time accepting he'd been scammed.

I don't think that convicted fraudsters deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back