Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Dec 2, 2017, 11:15 PM - Any ideas for a mic with a cowl? Which ones will pick up? #1

Trying to find a good mic for my voice modulator for my doj suit. Hard part is hiding it in my cowl and still being able to pick up my voice. I have seen some people say tape it to lower cheek? Anyone have any suggestions for a mic that works and a location on the face*?
  2. RPF Premium Member 13doctorwho's Avatar
    From
    Houston, Texas
    Dec 2, 2017, 11:31 PM - Re: Any ideas for a mic with a cowl? Which ones will pick up? #2

I've read that some people actually use a Throat Microphone. That would be much easier to hide and it's what it's supposed to be in the movie. They have them at Amazon, so I imagine they're not hard to find.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Dec 3, 2017, 6:25 AM - Re: Any ideas for a mic with a cowl? Which ones will pick up? #3

Yes the only problem is that most of the throat mics on Amazon and eBay are garbage. I used to have a good first responder one but my wife accidentally threw it away. Anyone have any luck with any?
    From
    Saskatchewan
    Dec 6, 2017, 9:37 AM - Re: Any ideas for a mic with a cowl? Which ones will pick up? #4

Flux Electronics has a kit.
    https://www.instagram.com/fluxelectronics/