Guardian of Forever Visual Effects Miniature

I finished the "hero" elements of the Guardian of Forever. The gate itself, the bricks, and also the column next to it. Now I just have to make lots of rocks and ground cover.

UJ0bZ4v.jpg

lZ2pjXk.jpg

CaUnsOQ.jpg

FMvzIcF.jpg

vKzBZ2k.jpg

NweECdp.jpg

I haven't had a chance to completely finish my Guardian visual effects miniature, but it's 85% done, at least. Since we just passed Halloween, I had the idea to get one of those cool throw pattern lights.

The portal energy effect will be done with CGI, but I still wanted to ground it a bit in reality if I could. So the cast light from the energy portal can be simulated with one of those Halloween lights. Here is a short test to see how it would look.

https://vimeo.com/298687373/37ed9e754c

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, that's fudging fantastic. The halloween light works amazingly well. Is this a personal project or is it part of a fan film?

I'm guessing you're shooting video because of the lights, but would your setup allow for stop motion?

Um, that's fudging fantastic. The halloween light works amazingly well. Is this a personal project or is it part of a fan film?

I'm guessing you're shooting video because of the lights, but would your setup allow for stop motion?

Not a fan film...but a fan trailer. It will be video, but not using stop motion. I'm using a motion control camera slider to capture the footage.

Last night I was able to film my first motion control test of my miniature set. Also did a test comp just to be sure all the passes lined up and worked. I think this will work nicely for the final shot. Please note, CGI enhancements such as the portal energy tunnel have not been added for this test, but will be in the final shot.

Wholy poop that looks amazing :D I also recognise some of your work from the old scifi meshes day (though im getting de ja vu may have said this before)
BTW im Nutsy from scifi meshes :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back