Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 8:26 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #26

The Vader is the Barbican.

It was also the inspiration for the EP3 Vader.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 8:41 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #27

kevin926 said: View Post
    Wow! I never noticed how small Palpatines saber hilt actually was.

Talking about stepping up, way to go Danny!
    The guy I do a lot of work for, he brought over his MR sidious . Itís a baby compared to every other saber.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 8:52 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #28

halliwax said: View Post
    you can't say i dont love you guys...

https://i.imgur.com/UFXiLjt.png

https://i.imgur.com/SJp5O7l.png

https://i.imgur.com/VfglMOw.png

https://i.imgur.com/H3GmTgS.png

https://i.imgur.com/QVbuUhk.png

(check out the blade holder in the guy on right's hand)
    https://i.imgur.com/SJp5O7l.png

nice pictures of the ranch saber
    https://i.imgur.com/fbQ3dPF.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/jq1EYco.png?1

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly cant tell ya seth. it looks like the ROTJ vader saber, but has a MPP clamp and circuit card. i have seen this saber before on display at celebrations (ive never attended, ive only seen other peoples photos) and i figured it was a replica

you can see it far right, looks like it has the nail as a lever, is this the original clamp from the ANH saber?
    https://www3.nd.edu/~preimer1/ftn_fi...edisabers2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://www3.nd.edu/~preimer1/ftn_fi...ithsabers1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://www3.nd.edu/~preimer1/ftn_fi...edisabers1.jpg

here it looks resin to me, wicked seam line
    https://www3.nd.edu/~preimer1/ftn_fi...ithsabers2.jpg
    That's the Barbican saber. First seen at the location it's named for. Seems to be a promo saber, or a take on a stunt saber very late in SW. not seen on film. The energizer saber, graflex slave sabers all seem to get their design from this.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 8:53 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #29

thd9791 said: View Post
    That's the Barbican saber. First seen at the location it's named for. Seems to be a promo saber, or a take on a stunt saber very late in SW. not seen on film. The energizer saber, graflex slave sabers all seem to get their design from this.
    i was wondering if it was related to the energizer saber because it looked similar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 9:28 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #30

The guy I do a lot of work for, he brought over his MR sidious . It’s a baby compared to every other saber.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65654d55a3.jpg
    odd looking hilt. Looks too shaped to be machined. Is this made from found parts. To me, it kind of looks like a big fishing lure
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 9:48 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #31

odd looking hilt. Looks too shaped to be machined. Is this made from found parts. To me, it kind of looks like a big fishing lure
    probably sculpted, cast in aluminum and then clean dup by hand. i thought the same thing when he brought it over, trying to figure out its construction. figured its cast in metal and cleaned by hand. its very very heavy, and i mean romans ANH obi wan heavy! i was afraid to touch it because it leaves fingerprints everywhere
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 9:56 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #32

updated post 21 with the resin V1 saber

1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 9:59 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #33

probably sculpted, cast in aluminum and then clean dup by hand. i thought the same thing when he brought it over, trying to figure out its construction. figured its cast in metal and cleaned by hand. its very very heavy, and i mean romans ANH obi wan heavy! i was afraid to touch it because it leaves fingerprints everywhere
    That' pretty heavy. Does anyone have background info on this? The reason I went went a lure is because it looks like an eye on the top near the emitter. Also, the emitter looks like a cap sitting on the hilt section. The rear has the screw looking part that could have been where the hooks attached
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:08 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #34

kevin now looking at it, yes it does look like some kind of fish! lol
  10. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:15 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #35

kevin now looking at it, yes it does look like some kind of fish! lol
    I'm going on a lure hunt, lol.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:15 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #36

I'm going on a lure hunt, lol.
    of course!!
  12. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:16 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #37

look at the top under the emitter. it looks rounded.
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:30 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #38

I think it's completely hand sculpted, & then cast & painted. Don't think there's any "real world" anything in it. I own it (I'm being exceedingly lazy, being buried under blankets & a cat right now, don't wanna get up & take photos), & completely agree about the finger print comment. If you don't wear gloves to handle it, you'll have to polish it before putting away. The paint on is beautiful. It is hefty, but I don't know if it's Romans ANH Obi-Wan hefty. Although, it's been a while since I've even touched it.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this at The Magic of Myth tour
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:31 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #39

russellsch said: View Post
    I think it's completely hand sculpted, & then cast & painted. Don't think there's any "real world" anything in it. I own it (I'm being exceedingly lazy, being buried under blankets & a cat right now, don't wanna get up & take photos), & completely agree about the finger print comment. If you don't wear gloves to handle it, you'll have to polish it before putting away. The paint on is beautiful. It is hefty, but I don't know if it's Romans ANH Obi-Wan hefty. Although, it's been a while since I've even touched it.
    ive held them side by side, they are pretty close, what ever you do DONT disturb that cat!! it would be real nice to get a picture of the saber and the cat together, only saying!
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:33 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #40

ive held them side by side, they are pretty close, what ever you do DONT disturb that cat!! it would be real nice to get a picture of the saber and the cat together, only saying!
    I can't promise he'll cooperate once disturbed.
    But, here I go.....
  16. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:43 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #41

That' pretty heavy. Does anyone have background info on this? The reason I went went a lure is because it looks like an eye on the top near the emitter. Also, the emitter looks like a cap sitting on the hilt section. The rear has the screw looking part that could have been where the hooks attached
    look at the top under the emitter. it looks rounded.
    Palpatine's lightsaber from RotS?

As far as I know, it was like all the other hilts made for production and was a custom piece the prop department made. The two button "eyes" on the hilt are LED's and the other bits and bobs on it are probably either custom machined or sourced someplace. Considering that Palpatine was only given a lightsaber quite literally at the last minute, I would presume much of the original construction was first sculpted (likely in 3D and then printed), cleaned up and given a custom paint scheme. I don't know if it was made in metal, I presume not, as many of the other PT sabers, especially in the later movies, were actually plastic/rubber and chromed (in a bonus feature on the DVD's, one the prop guys remarks how incredible the technology has come for them to chrome rubber) but that's not to say it may not contain some metal parts.

Between the two of his lightsabers, I much prefer the one he fights/uses with Yoda.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Palpy_saber24.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	777460
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 10:57 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #42

PoopaPapaPalps said: View Post
    Palpatine's lightsaber from RotS?

As far as I know, it was like all the other hilts made for production and was a custom piece the prop department made. The two button "eyes" on the hilt are LED's and the other bits and bobs on it are probably either custom machined or sourced someplace. Considering that Palpatine was only given a lightsaber quite literally at the last minute, I would presume much of the original construction was first sculpted (likely in 3D and then printed), cleaned up and given a custom paint scheme. I don't know if it was made in metal, I presume not, as many of the other PT sabers, especially in the later movies, were actually plastic/rubber and chromed (in a bonus feature on the DVD's, one the prop guys remarks how incredible the technology has come for them to chrome rubber) but that's not to say it may not contain some metal parts.

Between the two of his lightsabers, I much prefer the one he fights/uses with Yoda.

Name:	Palpy_saber24.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	777460
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    What can I say, when I got my MR, I was much younger, didn't know anything, & had a new credit card.
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:03 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #43

Name:	IMG_0948.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	777464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	777465

Name:	IMG_0950.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	777466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0952.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	777467

Name:	IMG_0953.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	777468

& I'm shocked! It's very close to the weight of Romans!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:19 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #44

Name:	IMG_0948.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	777464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	777465

Name:	IMG_0950.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	777466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0952.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	777467

Name:	IMG_0953.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	777468

& I'm shocked! It's very close to the weight of Romans!
    surprising in weight isn't it!?! i guess the cat wasn't down for a photo lol your very lucky to own one, that is a beautiful piece!
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:29 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #45

surprising in weight isn't it!?! i guess the cat wasn't down for a photo lol your very lucky to own one, that is a beautiful piece!
    I tried to get a shot of him with the saber. But telling a cat to "stay" doesn't work.
    Pardon the mess

Name:	IMG_0956.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	777470

I very much much enjoy my MR pieces. But I'm more proud of the sabers I've put together & built since joining the RPF. I have MANY of you to thank for it!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:31 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #46

I tried to get a shot of him with the saber. But telling a cat to "stay" doesn't work.
    Pardon the mess

Name:	IMG_0956.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	777470

I very much much enjoy my MR pieces. But I'm more proud of the sabers I've put together & built since joining the RPF. I have MANY of you to thank for it!
    aaawww! very cute, wish i could have a cat. beautiful saber collection as well!!
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:32 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #47

teecrooz said: View Post
    The Vader is the Barbican.

It was also the inspiration for the EP3 Vader.
    here it looks resin to me, wicked seam line
    Soon as I saw the other pics I realized that's what it was.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 11:33 PM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #48

SethS said: View Post
    Soon as I saw the other pics I realized that's what it was.
    i always forget that saber. i was also fooled, in many photos it really looks metallic to me!
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 2, 2017, 8:08 AM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #49

Dern it! I was digging through old photos, looking for my photos of MOM Tour I went to back in the 90's. I was looking for close-ups of the sabers they had on display. But they're mostly wide shots ! God, what an idiot I was! I know they had the Barbican on display, & I think I read somewhere that the one inside the Luke costume display was the reveal lightsaber (just that nobody knew). They also had the one that Halliwax has a beautiful shot of in post #32.
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    1 Week Ago  Dec 2, 2017, 9:51 AM - Re: Surviving Lightsabers in the Lucasfilm Archives #50

I read somewhere that for the 2015 release of Star Wars Battlefront they were going to be scanning in props and costumes into the game for more authenticity. Looks like they got a hold of the Lukeís V2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk