Squirt from Finding Nemo sculpture

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's a sculpture I've been working on of Squirt from Finding Nemo. It was made using Aves Apoxie Sculpt, not the easiest material to work with (especially with its short working time) but it doesn't need to be baked so it was great for this project needing a quick turn around. Working on the base next and then it's off to painting.

View attachment DSC_2365.jpg

View attachment DSC_2361.jpg

and since it looks like a weird bug eyed alien right now, here's a quick mockup to show how it'll look with eyes painted

View attachment DSC_2375-2.jpg

That looks great! What will you paint it with ?

Thanks!! I'm in the process of painting with acrylics by airbrushing on the base colors. Then after I usually seal it in a clear coat and apply different washes to highlight undercuts and drybrushing to the shell. It's almost done, I'll post pics once it's finished.

Thanks!! I'm in the process of painting with acrylics by airbrushing on the base colors. Then after I usually seal it in a clear coat and apply different washes to highlight undercuts and drybrushing to the shell. It's almost done, I'll post pics once it's finished.

Maybe try somewhere on the side a Matte Nail Finish (Top Coat) and see if you like it. I found that on small objects like the one you have it gives a great underwater look.

Re: Squirt from Finding Nemo sculpture FINISHED

thanks for the positive comments everyone! Sorry with the crazyness of the holidays I completely forgot to post the finished piece. First is a work in progress with the basecoat colors and the last is the finished sculpt. It was painted with airbrushed acrylics for the basecoat colors, then a series of washes were applied in different colors and certain areas hand painted. Squirt was sealed in a matte clear coat and the wave is in a gloss clearcoat to make it look more like water. The base was sanded and stained with "Kona" colored wood stain. Hope you like it!

View attachment DSC_2405.jpgView attachment DSC_2427.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back