Blade Runner 2049 Baseline Test

Still adjusting and improving the model every day, but I got the lens assembly for the larger lens printed today!

Here it is disassembled and assembled:

01.jpg

02.jpg

BTW, what do you think of my size re-evaluation thoughts?

- The door is behind K on one of the short walls, with his chair aligned with the long side of the room
- K's sitting 4' to 5' from the wall and device
- K's neck eclipses the entire panel/device at the beginning of the shot
- This would make the panel 18' tops, and the scanner would be maybe 10"?

hmmm actually I think you may be right

since the wall with the device is opposite the wall with the door behind him, i think it is a safe bet that these panel lines are the same

red and blue 2.jpg

red and blue 1.jpg

Looks like the art book will come in handy for this build after all

in the book there is an uncropped image of that shot of K where you can see his full body including his feet. The red lines are lined up with the edge of the black floor, so you could probably figure out the distance between the red lines using this image for reference, maybe Goslings shoe size?

sorry for this not so great scan, i was about to go to bed before you made me realize and i grabbed the book real quick

full ryan.jpg

but your estimate is probably right, between 6' and 7' id say so yeah 10" at most. Well i guess its a good thing someone realized now before the whole thing was printed

I am mildly disappointed though, I would prefer the 1.5' size, 10" seems kind of wimpy to be honest, doesn't quite feel right but hey thats how it goes

ill try to figure out a more accurate measurement tomorrow, for now i gotta get some rest lol

Last edited:
Ok, if I take the image from the book and overlay the capture from the film. When we line up the red lines, which we assume to be the same width, then the panel does look like about foot and a half wide. This assumes the door is approximately three foot across.
full ryan book[werk].jpg

Yeah, not as big as we originally thought.

Hey I was wondering if anybody would be able to isolate the audio from the baseline scenes? (just the interviewers voice and the sounds coming from the device) Would be really awesome to add audio to the replica but im not sure how to isolate audio like that

Finally making progress on the latest model (version 4 now? not sure haha) I started from scratch this time with the new size estimate in mind so it is 27 centimeters across, now with proper beveled edges and i'm also making it a bit thicker (proportionality) then it was in the last version

baseline v4.png

now that the 4k Blu-Ray is out can anyone provide higher res screenshots? I'm not sure what else could be gained but every bit helps! also if any behind the scenes materials were released with the blu-ray there might be something else in there

Making good progress! The lens housings will be designed later once the actual lenses come in so i can make them the correct size, but everything else is hypothetically ready to print. Id still like to get some 4k screenshots before pulling the trigger though, would hate to come to some revelation after its printed haha

Also i know there are a lot of special features (on both the 4k and regular blu-ray) has anybody checked them out? if so were there any extra shots or behind the scenes images of the prop? Thanks in advance if anybody can provide!

v5 1.png

v5 2.png

v5 3.png

there are now cavities in the back for electronics and wights, as well as a... hang hole? whatever term you wanna use lol

and once again, if anyone spots anything that should be changed or thinks i got something wrong, just let me know!

I think you version will be far superior myself.

Thank you! Hopefully ill have something physical to show soon

- - - Updated - - -

Superb work! Put me on the order list if there is one!

Unfortunately i don't have the means to make more than a couple, but I will gladly share my 3d files online (along with a list of proper lens sizes) when i am done :)

When comparing your prop against the screenshot, I would say that the upper left triangle might be tilted backwards on the movie version. The lower half of the triangle seems to be flat.

It’s the opposite on your version.

I might be seeing it wrong though...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back