Blade Runner 2049 Bottle Problem- Help Wanted

Collektor

corked.jpg
So, the other night I go to pour myself one, and the cork rips right in half leaving me with the cap in hand, and the other half the cork stuck in the bottle. I managed to get the rest of the cork out without getting any of it in the scotch. Right now I've got the bottle sealed with a silicone stopper, but I'd like to repair the cap. The cork itself is definitely a smaller diameter than a regular cork. Its actually the same size as the cork on a bottle of Gold Label.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to glue in a new cork that is food safe? or failing that what can I use to glue in a rubber cork to the cap?

Thanks

There are epoxies and silicone adhesives that are certified food safe by the FDA. You can search for them on Amazon or at hardware stores, but just to be safe make sure you use a certified product.

As far as I know there are no super glue formulas that are certified food safe, so I'd stay away from those.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back