A Few Blade Runner Blaster Questions

Second ones spot on, could I get the full length of the steyr bit though

First pics very helpful too​

my calipers want extend that far. but here's IMG_20171207_141334.jpgIMG_20171207_141641.jpg two shots..

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 778858
This length if that ok sean

Your attachment failed. cant see

IMG_20171207_141334.jpg

IMG_20171207_141641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I have a new question: How accurate (size wise) is the RACprops resin mold from last year? I have a chance to bid on one, but I wanted to ask you experts opinions first.
Thanks for your help as always!
This is the one:

s-l1600.jpg

I have two of his kits almost built. In my opinion Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Your biding on a mold or finished prop?
Sorry if I was unclear, I was asking if the mold was accurate, but I'm bidding on a mostly finished (still some sanding, filling, etc) blaster.
The size is accurate though?

Awesome, thank you. Fingers crossed that I win the bid.

had a look at the gun and the guys back sales. lots of blade runner blasters. you have to look out for something we call recasts. message the dude an ask were they originate from.

had a look at the gun and the guys back sales. lots of blade runner blasters. you have to look out for something we call recasts. message the dude an ask were they originate from.
I have heard about recasts, I'll talk to this guy.
Thanks!

Well, unfortunately the resin stunt blaster went into a bidding war. I'm pretty bummed, I definitely wanted that. Hopefully I can track one down someday. :(

Well, unfortunately the resin stunt blaster went into a bidding war. I'm pretty bummed, I definitely wanted that. Hopefully I can track one down someday. :(
I know Its a let down. but trust me something will come along. from the collector aspect of this hobby you have to have patience. get to know the forum and the other forums the relate to the prop or props your looking for. look at whats being done and whos doing the things that Interest you. and get to know them. and If you truly get the prop bug. save your cash.
I started with the desire for the blade runner blaster just like you. think I spent a little under a hundred for my first.

Now I have two Coyles and a Tomenosuke. time will get you there.

I know Its a let down. but trust me something will come along. from the collector aspect of this hobby you have to have patience. get to know the forum and the other forums the relate to the prop or props your looking for. look at whats being done and whos doing the things that Interest you. and get to know them. and If you truly get the prop bug. save your cash.
I started with the desire for the blade runner blaster just like you. think I spent a little under a hundred for my first.

Now I have two Coyles and a Tomenosuke. time will get you there.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I appreciate it.

well mines well under way (Can't upload pics until I find out why I can't upload pics) It's being built out of off the shelf plate and tube

3mm steel plate roughed out for the revolver receiver, just upgraded the revolver grip frame to 8mm from 6mm (will bring that down to match up to the 12.7mm grip frame) I know I'm out by .5 ish mm but I can live with that for the V1 hand tool build. milling machine and lathe are on the list for this year so I'll redo most bits

Thanks to Joel,Sean and DeckB26354 for measurements and other help for getting me started

wow, serious work there! keep up the good work, looking forward to see what you achieve. :thumbsup

There is a water gun for $35 in the junkyard right now!

Can anyone fill me in on these water guns? I've seen Adam Savage's video where he mentioned it was not too expensive and clearly Blade Runner fans everywhere have bought these Japanese squirt guns in droves because now no matter where I look they run at least $50 for a gun with a blue handle up to a hundred for ones with orange handles.

I don't have any interest in modding or repainting one, I am just kind of interested in getting the squirt gun for the sake of putting it on a shelf but I would rather it was back at the original price.

Someone (I think Bill Doran) said the squirt gun might have another run some day? Does that mean it was a one-off and therefore unless they make another bunch these things are just going to keep going up in price?

Way cool ! :thumbsup

Thanks guys

Sean any chance you could give me a quick measurement of sight rod diameter and length (minus the green LED's). The diameter at its fattest will do, I'll wing the rest..
Once the weather picks up I'll start a build thread for mine

Thanks guys

Sean any chance you could give me a quick measurement of sight rod diameter and length (minus the green LED's). The diameter at its fattest will do, I'll wing the rest..
Once the weather picks up I'll start a build thread for mine
I world my friend. But right now my life is in a world of crap. Had to relocate and all my belongings are in storage. If at any chance I get by there. I will see what can do. Sorry

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back