Star Trek into Darkness phaser. Rubies upgrade

jake88

Sr Member
Found this on Amazon for 2.99 and couldn't pass it up. Going for a repaint/cleaning up and fixing a lot of seams and lines.
It had some weak electronic blaster noise but I tore it out! :)

Attachments

• lkhJTNA.jpg
    lkhJTNA.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 448
  • Cysg2Vr.jpg
    Cysg2Vr.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 342
  • MQE3QMm.jpg
    MQE3QMm.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 341
  • sXGM5hq.jpg
    sXGM5hq.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 393
Got some work done. Glued the two halves of the main phaser body together. Inside I put some Apoxie Sculpt in strategic places to give the thing a more realistic feel and balance. I weighed it at just above 6.5 oz. Now for putty, sanding, and primer, repeat
.ZFPLAkU.jpgEZcRCjJ.jpg

Small update: Got the phaser body fairly smoothed out and started priming and looking for bad patches, boy are there a lot. Lots of smoothing out and evening to do before paint
.ph1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I finally finished the paint. I still do need to get a dial wheel for the top. But that's where I stop. The top is a silver and the bottom is a darker metallic car paint.

krK3bEa.jpgm5WHBu3.jpgmUyLQKw.jpgoXQZH94.jpgoYHj73L.jpgWZ3v0dh.jpgxmlTLzc.jpg

Last edited:
IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

I tore mine down, but i wanna mess with swapping the speaker around before I toss it. It's not that bad, especially for the price. I'm planning on 3d printing a more accurate...Barrel? Emitter? [FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY] portion and adding a servo because there's so much space. What auto paint did you use?

IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

I tore mine down, but i wanna mess with swapping the speaker around before I toss it. It's not that bad, especially for the price. I'm planning on 3d printing a more accurate...Barrel? Emitter? [FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY] portion and adding a servo because there's so much space. What auto paint did you use?

Thanks, I used several silver and metallic shades, Krylon, Dupli-color and some copper craft paint were used. I just taped it off and sprayed.RgeMxzf.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back