Good Kylo ren lightsaber effect?

zoicno

Hi guys, i been looking for a good tutorial making kylo ren's lightsaber effect in after effects but all the ones i have found look like crap.. do any of u guys know a good effect?

Are you looking to do this on a Black Series/Disney Parks saber? If so, I suggest you visit the Knights of Ren Facebook page. They're a very well organized group that can answer any questions related to Kylo Ren.

Not that I've used the product before, but you could always check out Video Copilot's Heat Distortion plugin? Or simply use a displacement effect on the edges of your saber effect. That would get you the main edge distortion. I'd also chuck on a particle generator that emits from, well obviously the emitter of the saber. I haven't attempted it yet, but that's how I start out experimenting. Short of 2D effects, you could always try using some particle engine to generate the whole effect. Maybe even ask on some Nuke forums if you have access to the Nuke software.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back