Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 8:57 PM - Good Kylo ren lightsaber effect? #1

Hi guys, i been looking for a good tutorial making kylo ren's lightsaber effect in after effects but all the ones i have found look like crap.. do any of u guys know a good effect?
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 9:23 PM - Re: Good Kylo ren lightsaber effect? #2

Are you looking to do this on a Black Series/Disney Parks saber? If so, I suggest you visit the Knights of Ren Facebook page. They're a very well organized group that can answer any questions related to Kylo Ren.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 30, 2017, 3:07 AM - Re: Good Kylo ren lightsaber effect? #3

I am talking about doing it on the computer not on the physical lightsaber itself
    From
    New Zealand
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 30, 2017, 5:51 AM - Re: Good Kylo ren lightsaber effect? #4

Not that I've used the product before, but you could always check out Video Copilot's Heat Distortion plugin? Or simply use a displacement effect on the edges of your saber effect. That would get you the main edge distortion. I'd also chuck on a particle generator that emits from, well obviously the emitter of the saber. I haven't attempted it yet, but that's how I start out experimenting. Short of 2D effects, you could always try using some particle engine to generate the whole effect. Maybe even ask on some Nuke forums if you have access to the Nuke software.