Subscribe
  1. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Nov 28, 2017, 1:33 PM - Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #1

    I ran across Dark Justice Studios on Ebay for a BVS body suit since I plan on building a BVS suit next year.. They offer the suit with and without foam muscles. There is a huge price increase for the foam so ill get just the suit and source the muscle suit else where. Im wonder if they are legit and if the product matches the pictures. The suit in the photos look AMAZING. Any one deal with them here?

    Thank you in advancee.
  2. Mr Mold Maker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    L.A.
    Messages
    2,055
    Nov 28, 2017, 2:56 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #2

    The pattern and muscle suit aren't very accurate if you care about that sort of thing. I'd recommend Arkham workshop. I have their old suit and it is super high quality, and the newer suits have just gotten better and better.
  3. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Nov 28, 2017, 3:31 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #3

    Mr Mold Maker said: View Post
    The pattern and muscle suit aren't very accurate if you care about that sort of thing. I'd recommend Arkham workshop. I have their old suit and it is super high quality, and the newer suits have just gotten better and better.
    Do you know where I can contact Arkham Workshop? And do you know the pricing? Thank you.

    I dont see anything glaringly wrong the Dark Justice suit. May I ask what you see is off?
    Last edited by vader45; Nov 28, 2017 at 3:36 PM.
  4. Mr Mold Maker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    L.A.
    Messages
    2,055
    Nov 28, 2017, 4:19 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #4

    vader45 said: View Post
    Do you know where I can contact Arkham Workshop? And do you know the pricing? Thank you.

    I dont see anything glaringly wrong the Dark Justice suit. May I ask what you see is off?

    They are on Instagram and Facebook if you have either of those.
    https://instagram.com/p/BbU29IhlaiF/

    Www.Facebook.com/arkhamworkshop

    To be honest, it's all wrong. The pattern and seams look dye printed on and poorly puffpainted by hand. The pattern is incorrect, and they don't have the colors correct either. The real suits have a buish gray base and then it is screen printed with a raised texture. A gunmetal/silver color, then black on top. There is also "weathering" and "scratches" printed into the real suit as well as real seams. Here is a quick comparison to hopefully illustrate the differences better.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F76057D6-4C47-4BD7-80D8-EE5A6F05FDD7.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	804.4 KB 
ID:	776754
  5. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Nov 29, 2017, 1:11 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #5

    Mr Mold Maker said: View Post
    They are on Instagram and Facebook if you have either of those.
    https://instagram.com/p/BbU29IhlaiF/

    Www.Facebook.com/arkhamworkshop

    To be honest, it's all wrong. The pattern and seams look dye printed on and poorly puffpainted by hand. The pattern is incorrect, and they don't have the colors correct either. The real suits have a buish gray base and then it is screen printed with a raised texture. A gunmetal/silver color, then black on top. There is also "weathering" and "scratches" printed into the real suit as well as real seams. Here is a quick comparison to hopefully illustrate the differences better.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F76057D6-4C47-4BD7-80D8-EE5A6F05FDD7.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	804.4 KB 
ID:	776754
    I see it now.

    I have neither...do you have their email?

    Thank you
  6. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Nov 29, 2017, 1:31 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #6

    I just went through Arkham's photos and their suit really isnt much different then Dark Justice Sudios. Its very grey like theirs with out the bluish under tone. And the cowl has no texture.
  7. RPF Premium Member teragon's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    From
    Belgium
    Messages
    1,856
    Nov 29, 2017, 3:55 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #7

    Mr Mold Maker said: View Post
    They are on Instagram and Facebook if you have either of those.
    https://instagram.com/p/BbU29IhlaiF/

    Www.Facebook.com/arkhamworkshop

    To be honest, it's all wrong. The pattern and seams look dye printed on and poorly puffpainted by hand. The pattern is incorrect, and they don't have the colors correct either. The real suits have a buish gray base and then it is screen printed with a raised texture. A gunmetal/silver color, then black on top. There is also "weathering" and "scratches" printed into the real suit as well as real seams. Here is a quick comparison to hopefully illustrate the differences better.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F76057D6-4C47-4BD7-80D8-EE5A6F05FDD7.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	804.4 KB 
ID:	776754
    Thing is, nobody does it right. I even tried myself, thanks to a bunch of talented people, but it fell apart unfortunately as we were working from the four corners of the world, and the guy with the printing skills unfortunately had to bow out for professional obligations.
    Came pretty close when it came to the inks and textures, pattern needed a bit more work, mainly scaling, and the fabric remained elusive despite sampling dozens of "sensitive" fabric and special expensive fabrics allegedly used in the movie business. Plan was to take a lighter grey and have it professionally dyed using screen used sample. Ah well, myself I will probably go with Arkham whenever I pull the trigger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0038.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	5.22 MB 
ID:	776960
  8. Mr Mold Maker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    L.A.
    Messages
    2,055
    Nov 29, 2017, 4:08 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #8

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4892.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	776965

    I absolutely agree, @teragon no one does it "right." It's a shame your run came apart.. was looking like it would be "the" fabric of you could figure out the base. As far as what's out now? Haven't seen anyone do better than the Arkham not only in fabric and pattern, but the suit construction itself.

    The AW suit does have the blue base.. not grey. My phone camera doesn't capture it quite right, but trust me.. it's blue. This is there older fabric so the tire pattern isn't quite correct, but it's closer than the Justice Studios. They've also updated it since to be even closer to the real one. Also, the pattern of the suit is closer, having many pieces joined with seams instead of puff painted fake seams. The difference in over all quality is night and day in my opinion. You could just as easily get a dye sub suit from a zentai store and puff paint it yourself to match the JS suit.

    It's your money, so spend it how you want.. just personally? If I was paying that much anyways I would opt for the better more accurate suit.
    Last edited by Mr Mold Maker; Nov 29, 2017 at 4:16 PM.
  9. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Nov 30, 2017, 12:53 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #9

    Mr Mold Maker said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4892.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	776965

    I absolutely agree, @teragon no one does it "right." It's a shame your run came apart.. was looking like it would be "the" fabric of you could figure out the base. As far as what's out now? Haven't seen anyone do better than the Arkham not only in fabric and pattern, but the suit construction itself.

    The AW suit does have the blue base.. not grey. My phone camera doesn't capture it quite right, but trust me.. it's blue. This is there older fabric so the tire pattern isn't quite correct, but it's closer than the Justice Studios. They've also updated it since to be even closer to the real one. Also, the pattern of the suit is closer, having many pieces joined with seams instead of puff painted fake seams. The difference in over all quality is night and day in my opinion. You could just as easily get a dye sub suit from a zentai store and puff paint it yourself to match the JS suit.

    It's your money, so spend it how you want.. just personally? If I was paying that much anyways I would opt for the better more accurate suit.
    I need contact information and pricing before I decide on which one to go with. Dark Justice is only $440 for just the suit. Does AW offer the suit with out the muscles?
  10. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Dec 4, 2017, 1:38 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #10

    Does anyone have AW's email? If not I'm going with Dark Justice since I cant contact AW.

    I don't have Facebook or Instagram.
  11. RPF Premium Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Denver, CO
    Messages
    456
    Dec 5, 2017, 9:19 AM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #11

    AW as it has been known is now dead. The muscles and suits were being supplied by another guy. That relationship is done though. So I don’t know if AW will even be making anything going forward.
  12. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Dec 11, 2017, 12:46 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #12

    drftfan said: View Post
    AW as it has been known is now dead. The muscles and suits were being supplied by another guy. That relationship is done though. So I don’t know if AW will even be making anything going forward.
    Then my decision has been made. I am going with the Dark Justice suit.
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    From
    Coventry, UK
    Messages
    7
    Dec 11, 2017, 1:14 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #13

    Arkham Workshop is still going although restructured, suits and muscles are still from the same guy, Bruce, and Keith is still making up the suits if required.

    The main difference is you buy the suit and muscles direct from Bruce and then contact Keith separately if you don't want to glue it yourself. Keith was just getting swamped with orders and he does have a full time job elsewhere.

    Their facebook and website have been removed but will be back up at some point in the future.

    I'm not sure if you can get a suit from them if your not already on their list, I am

    Sorry, but I don't think I should give out their contact details now that they have removed them.

    Steve
  14. Mr Mold Maker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    L.A.
    Messages
    2,055
    Dec 11, 2017, 1:41 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #14

    vader45 said: View Post
    I need contact information and pricing before I decide on which one to go with. Dark Justice is only $440 for just the suit. Does AW offer the suit with out the muscles?

    Apologies about suggesting them. I wasn't aware they were in the middle of restructuring.

    Hope you enjoy your Dark Justice suit.
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Messages
    75
    Dec 11, 2017, 1:49 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #15

    Let me know where you get your muscle suit from. I think that suit looks really good. Bob Bagy is currently making my suit out of latex so I am hoping for the best on that. I think it will look pretty good. I have another suit already asking well though that I could put a muscke suit under. Do you glue the suit to the muscle suit or just put it over it. If you.glue what kind do you use?
  16. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Dec 11, 2017, 3:05 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #16

    Im going with a seller on Ebay from Russia that sells decently looking suit. The user name is musclesuit.

    At first im going to just place the suit on top and if then need be ill glue.
  17. Anakinos's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Va Beach
    Messages
    327
    Dec 11, 2017, 4:15 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #17

    vader45 said: View Post
    Im going with a seller on Ebay from Russia that sells decently looking suit. The user name is musclesuit.

    At first im going to just place the suit on top and if then need be ill glue.

    I would be very careful about going the route you are proposing.
    1. The muscles on the suit you are looking at are ridiculously huge. It will be hard to find an outer suit to go over that.
    2. You will definitely need to blue the suit to the muscles if you are looking for the "movie muscular look." and wanting it to look right. The gluing isnt as easy as you would think it is.

    Those are just some issues that I can see that would pop up. Being that I have researched this myself. I would hate for you to go through all this only to not be able to put it all together or it just not fit or look right when completed.

    Just my $.02. Good luck.
  18. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    From
    Coventry, UK
    Messages
    7
    Dec 12, 2017, 4:17 AM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #18

    Arkam Workshop had video on their FB page showing how they glue, Cosplay Chris has a video showing the same process.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt2ufIPD8ho

    Steve
  19. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Dec 12, 2017, 11:34 AM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #19

    Anakinos said: View Post
    I would be very careful about going the route you are proposing.
    1. The muscles on the suit you are looking at are ridiculously huge. It will be hard to find an outer suit to go over that.
    2. You will definitely need to blue the suit to the muscles if you are looking for the "movie muscular look." and wanting it to look right. The gluing isnt as easy as you would think it is.

    Those are just some issues that I can see that would pop up. Being that I have researched this myself. I would hate for you to go through all this only to not be able to put it all together or it just not fit or look right when completed.

    Just my $.02. Good luck.
    It appears that they have multiple suits and the one im looking at is leaner.
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Messages
    5
    Dec 13, 2017, 9:13 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #20

    Take my advice, do not order from that seller. I tried twice to order from him. Both times I was under the impression that he understood my want and need for smaller muscles. He doesnít really have different models, they are different angles of suits, but both I received were comically large. Even if the arms can be made smaller, all of his abs are silly looking because of the size.

    I had communicated twice that I wanted smaller muscles on the arms and traps, and he twice reassured that it would be done. Even though I gave my correct measurements, he, instead of making the muscles smaller, made the openings smaller.

    I could not get my hand through the shoulder/arm hole and messaged him for advice. I ended up cutting apart the suit and using just the abs/chest for a knightmare suit, but it looks cartoony.

    He was helpful and offered to remake the suit for just material cost. But I figured I could make something more custom and accurate for about 30$.


    He is a good guy, but for a doj Batman, the suits arenít the best, and the language barrier makes it difficult. The Doj muscle suit is subtle enough that an upholstery foam suit would work best (aside from an AW or Hurley muscle kit)
  21. vader45's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    300
    Jan 18, 2018, 12:13 PM - Re: Needing more info on this studio regarding a BVS body suit. #21

    Well this sucks big time. The seller's listing has the muscle option unavailable(I decided to ditch the other seller for the muscle suit and go with Dark Justice to ensure a proper fit). I messaged him 3 times in the span of a few weeks with no response. I started the build as I have purchased a latex cowl from mophesto2 on eBay. This lack of communication has deterred me away from buying from him. Im not dilly dallying with this costume build as I have a few other I can move forward on.

    And AW does offer a very nice suit but at $1600 it is not an option for me no matter if they still make it or not. I can not drop that much money on one transaction.(sometimes I feel pricing is set to make stuff exclusive to certain people, It may not me true but its the way I feel). So What I decided to do is use my old plain grey suit from my comic Batman and use fabric paint to draw the lines and texture onto the suit. Im not sure what to do for the muscles.

Similar Threads

  1. BvS Superman suit material
    1badevo9, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 26, 2016, 9:31 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 7, 2016, 9:52 AM
  3. BvS sub dye suit help!
    Deathstroke XVI, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2016, 2:04 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 25, 2013, 9:02 PM
  5. A newbie needing help with a foam Iron Man Suit
    Darth Sparrow, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2011, 4:29 PM