Upside-down Kobold?

My brain is melting! What is the current consensus? Danny, can you enlighten me?

I’m on board with Seth and Tom, and Ms

Some where between The end of filming of ESB and the beginning of RoTJ the ranch saber bottom was removed for the its dagobah graflex we see in all the dagobah shots

Something happened to the kobold and they had to fasten it back down. They grabbed some random screws which were too short so the flipped the kobold

Reattached the kobold, threw a random clamp and top on and called it good

That’s what I’m running with now Roy lol

For the record this is one of my favorite threads, love all the team work and debating. Also mad shout out to ms for pushing the flipped clip, only to make this new discovery! Nice one buddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what year they put the ranch saber on display? Just curious how long it sat before someone decided to display it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember that one of the bladed stunts seemed to have the thin knurled red buttons on it as well. Can't seem to find the image right now

Yes indeed. There is at least one that I can find quickly from Bespin scenes (attached). I think I’ve seen another shot too, but I can’t remember if there was anything to indicate if it was the same stunt.

4864c0115048f17302488c957b395ba6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you think this has the beer tab? could this be the same exact saber we see luke holding(vs wampa) in seths picture

I cant tell if the short bladed stunt in the Wampa cave has a thin knurled button, at least not from that pic. But my gut instinct says they are not the same.

I think Scott had pretty much come to this conclusion in a much earlier thread elsewhere, but probably is worth mentioning again: if that stunt in the cave is indeed a thin knurled button, (I still can’t tell) it would be one more instance of the thin knurled being on screen when the saber is ignited: Obi Wans hut, some shots on Bespin, and maybe here. So some pretty iconic moments we know and love are actually the thin knurled button. Even if it’s not, the thin button definitely still makes some solid appearances anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I realized a while ago this shot has an optical illusion. we're looking at an empty bunny ear slot too.

I tried to see it, but to me it looks like the bunny ears are just pushed close together.

I see the tab the ears attach under sticking out, but I can't make the dark line under it lay back to be the edge of the ear slot. The way it curves out and back is exactly what I'd expect in an occlusion shadow between close ears, though. And the light area to the right of that line goes down past where the slot opening and bottom tab would be, and there's no indication of either cutting through that shape. From the angles of the surfaces catching highlights I think the lower tab would be pretty obvious if it weren't obscured by bunny ears, just like the highlight on the tab at the top of the ears.

Could you explain what you're seeing?

Since we are onto thin-knurled buttons - I came across this shot a while ago. A couple things of interest:

1) This is the only image I’ve seen on Dagobah where the hilt has 2 red buttons - (if someone has more would love to see!)
2) The one below the bunny ears is a thin-knurled button.
3) suspiciously, that is the same socket that later becomes, and stays, empty - as we know is the norm for the Dagobah saber.

I wonder if had it not been for just an accidental mishap on set where the red button came off, we would have seen a thin knurled button on screen?
0410D5F8-2EF5-437C-897F-EC118BCB3CBD.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back