Casablanca"s 75th Anniversery

Here's looking at you, kid.

ingrid.gif

^She^ was the last survivng cast member of that classic she passed away last year at 92 after breaking her thigh bone
Ahh.. The one thing that takes me out of the movie is when she is supposed to respond in fluent French but instead she says "Comment allez-vous" (How are you) and "Parlez-vous francais?" (Do you speak French?) which are some of the first two phrases you learn in school.

Still haven't seen this film :unsure
Maybe one day, may be
If you can, see it on a big screen, in a dark room watching actively with nothing else going on in the house. Do not be multitasking on your laptop or cooking or whatever because you'll miss everything that makes this film memorable. It's not enough to know the plot. You have to watch with nothing else on your mind to appreciate the story underlying the plot.

If you can, see it on a big screen, in a dark room watching actively with nothing else going on in the house. Do not be multitasking on your laptop or cooking or whatever because you'll miss everything that makes this film memorable. It's not enough to know the plot. You have to watch with nothing else on your mind to appreciate the story underlying the plot.

This is excellent advice for any film you plan to watch--particularly one you know is regarded as one of of the very best films ever made. Give it the respect it deserves, with your undivided attention, on the biggest screen you can access, with lights down and volume up.

The Wook

This is excellent advice for any film you plan to watch--particularly one you know is regarded as one of of the very best films ever made. Give it the respect it deserves, with your undivided attention, on the biggest screen you can access, with lights down and volume up.

The Wook
A couple of years ago for Christmas I took my wife to see "It's a Wonderful Life" which plays every year at a local theater. I wouldn't let her watch it at home on DVD or televised because I know she's too fidgety to put down her iPad at home. Of course she loved the film completely.

A couple of years ago for Christmas I took my wife to see "It's a Wonderful Life" which plays every year at a local theater. I wouldn't let her watch it at home on DVD or televised because I know she's too fidgety to put down her iPad at home. Of course she loved the film completely.

I have a similar story.
For years my wife couldn't sit still during Bladerunner, it was just too slow and she was always easily distracted, so much that by the end of the movie she was rotating the tires on the Jeep. Three years ago my local theater was showing it, one night only. It was my birthday so she took me to go see it. As expected, she cried in the end then had the nerve to look at me and ask, "Why didn't you tell me it was this good?!"

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back