FNV NCR Veteran Ranger Armor cosplay

Dvalin

For a while since I played Fallout: New Vegas about a year ago I loved the design of the NCR Veteran Ranger. I got inspired by Kommissar's work on his NCR Veteran Ranger outfit and wanted to make one of my own. Just so everyone knows, I've got 2 3D printers (Creality CR-10 and a Kossel) and know how to use them properly, I've printed loads of things with them. I did some digging and only found designs for the NCR Helmet/Mask, the Sequoia but nothing else associated with the armor. I was wondering if anyone could give me some leads or point me in the right direction as I have next to no experience with 3D modeling and will most definitely eff up. All I need is some .stl's or some .obj's ofthe armor and I can do the rest from there including printing, painting and detail work. If someone could also point me in the direction of an affordable leather duster/trench coat (Used is fine) and even a bandolier and revolver holster that would also be appreciated. I've done 3D printed cosplays in the past so this ain't my first rodeo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

I've yet to see anyone 3D print the actual armor, since it's (for all practical purposes) just a front part that needs to conform to the shape of each individual wearer, and the back is covered by a coat.

There are tons of online templates (even google image search will get you a bunch you can print out and copy). I've only seen them made out of various thicknesses of EVA foam, which will not cut using the "heated wire" style of foam cutter (at least none that I've ever seen). EVA does cut with other "hot knifes" though, the kind I used was a multi purpose soldering iron, with an attachment for an exacto blade, it'd get hot, and help cut through the foam. You can also just use a good hobby knife, but it will likely take you a good bit longer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back