Necronomicon - Evil Dead - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Another prop that I've been wanting to make for quite some time and finally decided to give it a try

Getting started: thick white paper sheets aged with coffee

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg PIC4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Necronomicon - Evil Dead - WIP

Very interested in how this turns out love Evil Dead, I swore when I finished my chainsaw I was going to do one of these :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow they are looking great, have you sourced those in the public domain or drawn them up?

Logged in, (for the first time in a LONG time), just to comment on this one. :) I made Ash's chainsaw hand long ago, but the book has always been on my to-do list. It's looking great. Impressive. :D

Coming along nicely, I’ll try source the pages online. I will get round to this at some point lol

Coming along nicely, I’ll try source the pages online. I will get round to this at some point lol

Hi mate
Thank you for your support. I got the pages from elderprops

Logged in, (for the first time in a LONG time), just to comment on this one. :) I made Ash's chainsaw hand long ago, but the book has always been on my to-do list. It's looking great. Impressive. :D

Thanks bud
Hope I won't let you down
Ash's chainsaw it's MUCH more difficult to make than the book :D

Can’t wait to see how this turns out :)

Inside cover also almost finished (one or two more layers of paper towels and it'll be done)
Next steps will be binding, painting and sculpting the ghostly face

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg

Almost done

For the paint job I used water based brown ink, dry brush and mate varnish
Sculped the face with clay and covered it with more paper towels
PIC 1.jpg PIC 2.jpg PIC 3.jpg PIC 4.jpg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! Just don't try to to sell it or the wrath of the azzhat Tom Sullivan will be upon you like a swarm of ninjas! :lol

Looks awesome, came out great, nice work. You could of course send it to me for free and avoid the weather of Sullivan haha ;-)

That looks fantastic! Just don't try to to sell it or the wrath of the azzhat Tom Sullivan will be upon you like a swarm of ninjas! :lol

Thank you for your comment and for the advice. :thumbsup I know that trying to sell these brings a lot of problems. It's the only one I have and it shall remain in my collection! :D
Thank you

Looks awesome, came out great, nice work. You could of course send it to me for free and avoid the weather of Sullivan haha ;-)

Thanks mate! That sure would avoid issues :lol
When will you start working on your book?

Thanks mate! That sure would avoid issues :lol
When will you start working on your book?

It certainly would ;-) I’m not sure to be honest what with Christmas coming up I’m busy at work and at home, it’s just finding the time as always. Having seen your build I might get on it soon, I’ve been inspired. However I’m unsure on the binding part :-/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back