Any Luke ROTJ Scratch-Builders? I have a question...

The14thDr

Sr Member
I’m thinking of building Luke’s RotJ Hero lightsaber once I finish my ANH Skywalker, and I wondered whether anyone else has attempted either a hardware store or scratch build of the ROTJ (Hero, V2 or V3) and how they tackled the black/silver grip?

Corrugated washing machine drain hose over a metal tube or pvc core, with either auto pinstriping or metal hvac tape (cut into thin strips) to cover the rings.

I have seen several sabers made from stacks of washers. You could put some kind of putty in-between the rings and finish off with a triangular file.
I too made one like that many years ago but what I used was black Sculpey and baked the entire stack in the oven.

One downside is that a stack of steel washers is quite heavy. Maybe you could sculpt and mould a single ring. Then cast in black resin (or Sculpey baked in heat-resistant silicone mould) and make the metal rings with aluminium tape.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back