My Blade Runner 2049 Retinal Scanner Build

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is my version one eye scanner, built from acrylic and composite plastic sheet. It incorporates a pulse/flash RGB led in the emitter, powered by 2 2 CR2032 coin cells. I'm working on a second more accurate version that will also have a working red LED over the circuit board. I need more juice for that, so I will be using a 12v MN21. It is set in the open position, it was enough of a challenge to fit the electronics in, so no pop-up :lol

2hqt3cl.jpg

2rggnrm.jpg

ek42yx.jpg

21eceoz.jpg

<span class=" UFICommentActorAndBody"><span><span><span data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quot;}"><span class="UFICommentBody"><span>

2hqt3cl.jpg

2hqt3cl.jpg

2hqt3cl.jpg

2rggnrm.jpg

2rggnrm.jpg

2rggnrm.jpg

ek42yx.jpg

ek42yx.jpg

ek42yx.jpg

21eceoz.jpg

21eceoz.jpg

21eceoz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Blade Runner 2047 Retinal Scanner Build

It'll do until Ein's is available :lol

Don't sell yourself short, buddy! This is great, and a smart use of those pre-baked flashing LEDs. I actually think the base is a very nice touch, too.

Have you got the panels removable via those screws? Assuming you must to change coin cells out.

Re: My Blade Runner 2047 Retinal Scanner Build

Don't sell yourself short, buddy! This is great, and a smart use of those pre-baked flashing LEDs. I actually think the base is a very nice touch, too.

Have you got the panels removable via those screws? Assuming you must to change coin cells out.

The screen pops out when you press it, the batteries can be accessed from there.

- - - Updated - - -

2047 Model.
Upgrade to the 2049 Model.:p

Well spotted :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back