TIE Punisher 1/48ish (AKA TIE Interdictor)

Gday!
I wanted to build one of these since the TIE Punisher came out as an FFG Table top Mini. It is similar to a TIE/Sa Bomber but has five fuselage tubes and larger wings of similar shape.
swx31-34_preview2.jpg
I have used one of these minis as a reference.
It is not going to be accurate. There have been some limitations in the materials. I have not found where to get Plastruct and other similar materials here in Oz.
However it has been a fun build.
Years ago I attempted a studio scale TIE Bomber and failed. The left over wings from the TIE/X1 kit appear really close to the correct scale for this project.
20171112_173330.jpg20171123_194821.jpg20171123_202026.jpg
Cheers!
Ben

G’day Captain ,

Welcome to the RPF . Saw your post/s over on Keikos’ build thread , and thought to check out your build . Interesting variant of a TIE you’ve got going there ( never seen one before ) . Looking forward to seeing how you go with this . Re ; Plastruct and other materials ... two places I was pointed towards are ‘ BNA Models ‘ and ‘ Hobby Tools Australia ‘ . I’d provide a direct link , but I don’t know how . They’re both easy to find on the internet though , and they carry a large variety of our hobby related supplies .

:cheersGed

G’day Captain ,

Welcome to the RPF . Saw your post/s over on Keikos’ build thread , and thought to check out your build . Interesting variant of a TIE you’ve got going there ( never seen one before ) . Looking forward to seeing how you go with this . Re ; Plastruct and other materials ... two places I was pointed towards are ‘ BNA Models ‘ and ‘ Hobby Tools Australia ‘ . I’d provide a direct link , but I don’t know how . They’re both easy to find on the internet though , and they carry a large variety of our hobby related supplies .

:cheersGed
G'day Ged,
I check BNA all the time, i get a lot of supplies from there. It was the domes like shapes I was after. I ended up with an acrylic sphere cut down, supplied by a friend. Hobby tools Australia looks like a good place to get supplies also thanks for sharing.

At least now I can keep going with the project, now I have some balls.

Cheers!
Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good Ben, I'll be following your progress. It looks like you're already quite far along.

Cheers,

K.

Thanks! Once again thanks for sharing your techniques. It really has inspired me.
Ben

Hey Ben , that’s looking sweet ! Thanks for sharing this update , and please keep doing so !

Not being familiar with the vehicle at all ( the way you are ) , I gotta say the scratched / hand crafted greeblies adorning it look terrifically intricate :thumbsup
One thing though and it’s probably just me ( no offence intended ) , but with the wings (?) attached , the configuration of this sorta reminds me of the hero ship from the ‘ Last Star fighter ‘ ! ;)

:cheers Ged

Last edited:
LOL !!! ... It’s a - not too bad - live action sci - fi film , with computer generated space sequences from 1984 . Possibly before your time maybe (?) . Anyhoo , the Hero ship was called the ‘ Gunstar ‘ and it’s only similarity to yours ( in my mind ) is having the cockpit housed centrally , surrounded by 4 structures housing the main weapons ! . I know , I know , it’s a pretty lame comparison , but hey it was posted Saturday night after knocking back a few :$!!

:cheers Ged

Yeah maybe just a bit before i was able to remember anything at all!
I was actually going for the bad ass world of hurt kinda look when i built this thing... Perhaps over the break ill make it a mission to check this movie out. I googled it and found the ship. It does temind me of something

20171210_211047.jpg

Modding the wings was menial. But they needed to be more than just tie x1 wings due to the size of the ship in comparison. It was just a fluke that the tie x1 wings would be the correct size for the tie punisher in this scale.

- - - Updated - - -

20171210_211121.jpg20171210_143448.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back