TIE Punisher 1/48ish (AKA TIE Interdictor)

I had a go at making a cone for the rear engine bulkhead but ended up discarding it as I found it difficult so luckily the old Revell 1/32 F14 Tomcat exhaust feathers are perfect in diameter. I made two cones for the inside and used evergreen strip and tube for the detail. Its nearly ready for casting with the front launcher fairing. I have to make 6 all up for this project and another bomber.
No way am I going to hand make 6! 20171223_091046.jpg20171223_091102.jpg20171223_194100.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
I need to find a better resin, I got the wrong stuff. So ill pick that up tomorrow. I need to cast the rear bulk head and the instrument panel things for the cockpit and then fit them.
On the inner wings, there are tank track link-like pieces that are fitted inside of, and run along the length of the solar/radiator inboard arrays. I dont have much room for them as I built up the solar radiator arrays up and thickened the borders... So I might have to get over it and not fit them. Couldn't really work out what they were anyway.
I have to detail up the rear of the main spar carry through section as it is just a flat plate at the moment, but it is also just a flat plate on the mini I have been using for reference. So I have to just make that up (or even leave it who would know?)
There are little pieces that go around the forward part of the pods, stuck to the outer skin that line up with the cut out notches on the front domes. They look kinda 'T' shaped. I cant make and fit those until I have cast and fitted the front domes.
You are right, there is not much left!!! I cant wait to paint it!
Edit: Oh, I almost forgot I had to beef up the 'vertical spars' of the wings as they got swallowed up by my modified solar arrays. (they were now not wide enough and didnt stick out proud of the rest of the detail). I have started making thicker spars and fitting them. For this same reason I must make a new round thing that looks like an end plate, or its the actual end of the spar that comes through the wing. I have made a mold of this piece from a TIE Interceptor of the same scale and will modify that before i glue it on. (the round thing that looks a bit like an idler wheel from a tracked vehicle)

Thanks for your inspiration Keiko, Merry Christmas right back at ya, and Merry Christmas to all!!!! Stay Safe, and happy building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That looks great!

How'd you cut off the clear hemisphere for the front of the TIE cockpit? I did one before with a Dremel, but I've heard of people using a saw and some kind of jig.

That looks great!

How'd you cut off the clear hemisphere for the front of the TIE cockpit? I did one before with a Dremel, but I've heard of people using a saw and some kind of jig.

What I Did:
I cut the very tip of an xacto blade to make it blunt. This makes the back of the blade cut reallly well.
I placed the blade on something that was the correct height for the cut. Anything will do. I then rotated the dome into the back of the blade and this made a perfect cut. I hope that makes sense. Ive tried up loading a pic of how i did it ten times but it isnt going through I hope that makes sense.

It's looking really good. It's a great point in a scratchbuild when it goes from fabricating the kit to simply assembling and finishing it. I'm liking your weathering and colour choices. So close now!

That’s a stunning looking vehicle mate ! Congratulations and , Thanks for sharing this build . Any chance of putting it next to the ‘ mini ‘ version you used as inspiration in a future post ?

:cheers Ged

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back