TIE/D Droid fighter 1/51

G'day!
I completed this a few weeks ago.
The fuselage started life as an MPC Tie Interceptor. I took the wings off to use them on an AMT kit on another project.
I made a new cockpit forward screen and detailed the hull using some plastic to make the detail appear up to scratch with at least the AMT version. I added some other greebles like sensors and ect to place emphasis on the droid theme. (and to cover up the weird landing gear leg part on the arms)
I made the wings out of ABS Sheet plastic. Lots of left over ship, leoplold, gundam and warbird parts became details for the inner wings. I studied ILM and CGI TIEs for hours, to do my best at making this fighter look as ILM and as Star Wars ish as possible. I also bought a PC version of the old Rogue Squadron 3D game and played it for HOURS so I could unlock the 3D ship Veiwer to get inspiration for this ship as it appears in this game.
20171001_151145.jpg20171022_125017.jpg20171022_135752.jpg
I had a lot of fun making this.

20171107190325_IMG_0416.JPG20171107185759_IMG_0398.JPG
Cheers!
Ben

Last edited:
I love this. I so wish that we would have seen something closer to this for Ben Solo's TIE. Combined with the harder geometry of his cockpit, these panels would have been awesome.

Awesone rendition of that TIE version. Always liked this one, just didn't know this appears in the RSgame. I remember it from the old Dark Empire comic, I think ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back