Han Solo In Carbonite Questions For The Experts

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I want to start by saying I have read through a lot of great Han Solo in carbonite threads on here, and they have been a wealth of information. I do have some questions for the experts here who have done so much research...

1) How many actual props were made for the movies?

2) The Empire Strikes Back block and the Return Of The Jedi block are obviously painted differently, did they repaint Empire props for Return of The Jedi? In the making of books I've only seen images of the Return Of The Jedi paint job, which makes me think there are no Empire Han Solo in carbonite props left... implying they were repainted for Jedi.

3) It seems to me from The Empire Strikes Back that there were only two electronic Volvo panels. Re-watching the Empire Strikes Back it looks like they moved the hero panels from one side to the other depending on the shot. Is that true? How many hero panels do people build their replicas with?

4) Is the Illusive Concepts prop accurate? I know they didn't do hero Volvo panels on theirs, but I seem to remember they were made from the original molds.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd be happy to hear them. I have several making of books and have read a lot on line and haven't really found answers. Thank you for reading!

I'm a little surprised no one wants to discuss this. If there is already a thread for this could someone point me to it. I've read lots of Han Solo in carbonite threads and haven't seen this information.

Definitely interested in hearing peoples thoughts on this, but unfortunately I don't have any answers to your questions - although I suspect that the answer to #3 is that they flipped the film in editing, which made the panel appear on the opposite side.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back