Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 22, 2017, 8:26 PM - Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #1

Firstly, a warning, this is going to be a slow build as I can only manage to work on it for an hour or two a week, don't expect a lot of updates!

I'm hoping to complete in time for Dublin Comic Con next August.

Predominantly an EVA build, the bulk of the material is 10mm mats. Most of the torso is done with only some detailing needed, ditto the codpiece and buttplate.

I'm currently working on the midriff banding. I'm using foam bands on a fabric backing to hopefully get the right look and give a bit of flexibility. I used an old t-shirt as a backing material but I'm beginning to think that I should have used something a but more stretchy - time will tell I suppose. Am planning on attaching them with velcro or magnets if the velcro turns out too noisy...

I've got to make up a power core before the big wheel at the back. Hopefully doing that shortly - intending on turning and carving it out of a dense foam or somesuch.

After that it's on to the shoulders and arms, keeping the legs till last. Am playing about with a few ideas for the shoulders as I want to keep the movement as accurate and realistic as possible.

Will try and update every week or two depending on how much I can get done...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  2. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 22, 2017, 9:06 PM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #2

Nice. Looking forward to more.
    From
    Golgafrincham
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 27, 2017, 11:12 PM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #3

I like it all ready!
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 6:17 AM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #4

Cheers. Hopefully I'll push it on another bit at the weekend... I've got some stretch fabric on order for the midriff as it's not as flexible as I'd like. So I'll be remaking that area.

A big bag of 6mm googly eyes also arrived for rivets, so lots of those to apply too...

2 Weeks Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 11:47 AM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #5

It's looking great already, but that midsection? Looks dynamite
    1 Week Ago  Dec 1, 2017, 9:10 PM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #6

incredible foam craftsmanship! What is the white paste? Is it a sealant of some sort? Is it sandable?

Can't wait to see it finished, but do take your time, what you're doing works!
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 1:09 PM - Re: Beardy's Fallout 4 T-51b power armour #7

castpixel said: View Post
    incredible foam craftsmanship! What is the white paste? Is it a sealant of some sort? Is it sandable?

Can't wait to see it finished, but do take your time, what you're doing works!
    It's decorators caulk. Shrinks a bit in big gaps, but is flexible and generally paints up OK. You can smooth it nicely with a wet finger which helps as it doesn't sand particularly well.

Hopefully some more work to show in the next few days....