General Grievous Scale 1/12 Bandai Figure

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
there's a time and a place for TRANSLUCENCY , eh?

perfect for that bone look...
i like that light shining through the plastic in the first two pics....

Last edited:
Awesome work as always Oscar, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing your builds and love your photography. What are you building next?

Really great! I need this kit. I also applaud the translucency. Is there paint on it, or is that bare plastic?

Thanks guys. The plastic was left unpainted. It was lightly sanded, marked with small scores and scratches to simulate damage and wear. Then a series of washes applied to obtain the old bone look. The darker parts were coated with a satin clear coat followed with some dry brushing. Its eyes had a coat of gloss clear to further enhance its slimy look. I painted and detailed its interior organs but they are not visible in the final piece.

20171115_143319 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

A lot of clear gloss coats for that wet, fresh gore look.

Absolutely gorgeous! I too have that kit. It is THE ultimate Grievous and I totally recommend getting one. I even would say if you have this figure you probably won't need ANY other one. It is just perfect. Your awesome finish stresses this; I'd like to "like" your first post ten times but, ah well, one time must do..! :)

Awesome work as always Oscar, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing your builds and love your photography. What are you building next?

Thanks for the props guys.

I finished this:

The 1/6 Bandai Trooper. I ordered a Solo head sculpt. Still dont know if I will be using it. Also I am experimenting on how I will finish this one. It calls for some minimal weathering. wear and tear. I like this action pose:

20171123_192532 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20171123_192236 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20171123_193603 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20171123_192223 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

there's a time and a place for TRANSLUCENCY , eh?

perfect for that bone look...
i like that light shining through the plastic in the first two pics....

Just got this kit and went through the EP III blu ray last night snapping pics of Grievous for reference. What's really beautiful about the translucency here is that the "bone" sections of the armor look virtually identical when light shines through in the movie.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun bringing it to life.

I plan on "scratching" the faceplate and armor on my kit. When I first started building kits I took a retractable pencil and inserted a pushpin (about an inch long) with a small "bulb" on the end to make a tool for scribing panel lines.
I considered using this or an exacto with a new blade.
Scarecrow, your entire kit is amazing, including the scratches.
Do you happen to remember what tool/technique you used and, if so, mind sharing?
I've watched a few YOUTUBE vids of build of this kit, and am aware the neck area is a little tricky. If you, or anyone, remembers anything to look out for or has any tips it would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back